Z UK ROAD TAX costs?

N15MNO-Daron

taken directly from the goverment agencies handbook.

Rule Number 1 - All Goverment Agencies reserve can change the rules to suit themselves at any point and without informing anyone causing mass confusion for the staff and the general public that we serve.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting topic, as i've just put a deposit down on an 03 JDM, currently going through sva prep, and i raised this question with the dealer and he's sure that it applies to the first reg ie japan, not it first uk reg.

But as another question unless i'm misinterpreting the earlier quote, "If DVLA have no record of the co2 emissions then its lumped in to band g" surely then the My 03my Z33 will have the same registered emissions as a uk car allowing its correct banding??

Anyway i'm still giddy about my new car, orange with matching interior!! woooo

Dave

In april, as sure as eggs are eggs, the tax will go up to £400.

Answer? Hand in your car tax in March, for a one moneth refund. The next day, go in and get 12 months tax at the 2006-07 rate before it goes up.

Save £100 straight off.....

That would work right???

:blush:

MY car is a 52 plated Jan 03 model.

It is an import and was first registered in the UK in July 2006.

I looked on a site to check up on the tax cost and got various different and large quotes.

Went to the post office full of dread to get 6 months tax and paid £99. It was £190 for 12 months.

All CARS are classed as PLG which is Private Light Goods :teeth:

I fail to see how DVLA can charge different prices for the same damn car!! Not that I am complaining as mine is one of the cheap ones.

Ming the Puzzled

I looked on a site to check up on the tax cost and got various different and large quotes.

Went to the post office full of dread to get 6 months tax and paid £99. It was £190 for 12 months.

I fail to see how DVLA can charge different prices for the same damn car!! Not that I am complaining as mine is one of the cheap ones.

Ming the Puzzled

Just out of interest ming did you register the car yourself?

and does / did your renewal have any emissions data on it?

As I've stated previously, mines 1st registered in Japan in march 2005 and is registered over here as a PLG but they are trying to charge me band G based on the emissions - they want it all ways. thieving scumbags

PS All cars are not classed as PLG they are classed a PC (petrol car), imports are classed as PLG - but suposedly only if they are right hand drive!!!!!! or have no emissions data then they go on engine size 0 to 1550cc and 1550 and above , please explain that one to me?

PS All cars are not classed as PLG they are classed a PC (petrol car), imports are classed as PLG - but suposedly only if they are right hand drive!!!!!! or have no emissions data then they go on engine size 0 to 1550cc and 1550 and above , please explain that one to me?

They are classed PLG only if theyre left hand drive, dont u mean?? :p

Ming the Puzzled

Just out of interest ming did you register the car yourself?

and does / did your renewal have any emissions data on it?

As I've stated previously, mines 1st registered in Japan in march 2005 and is registered over here as a PLG but they are trying to charge me band G based on the emissions - they want it all ways. thieving scumbags

My car was registered in Japan in Jan 03 and in the UK in July 06.

It was imported by a firm of importers and they did the initial SVA and registration. As for renewal form having emissions data I don't remember

I have had little to do with traffic matters for many years now so will be very rusty but I thought all vehicles were either PLG, PCV or LGV. I will speak to my mate in traffic when I next see him.

Just checked the reg doc for my lads VW Corrado and that says PLG for taxation class and petrol for fuel. Diesel is classed as 'Heavy Oil' if I remember rightly.

I really cannot see how left or right hand drive can make a blind bit of difference to classification though.

Ming the Confused

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...