Berk high flow cats

Perry690

Find a built up area Perry690 and drive through it in second gear at 3K rpm or better still a long tunnel ~ you will love the sound. :DB)

One thing, if you are planning on an UpRev then make sure you do any other mods first. Eg: Replacing the rest of the exhaust system, plenum spacer or any other breathing mods. ;)

I was considering getting then.. Would you be able to do a sound or video clip ?

Lot's of great videos in Chromatics build thread as he fitted Berks HFC's to his Zed. Link: http://www.350z-uk.c...ild-journallog/

More info in another thread of his here; http://www.350z-uk.c...k-hfcs-arrived/

It's a US owner but same parts so there is no difference. He is very thorough though so make a cuppa before you sit down to read it all. :D;)

Edited by GMballistic

I am getting mine fitted tomorrow along with full invidia system can't wait

Same set up I've got. B) You will love it. ;)

One thing ~ when they/you fit the Invidia system make sure that at the rear on the drivers side the pipe goes over the anti roll bar between it & the floor pan. It will fit either way but you will get a lot less ground clearance if it's fitted underneath the anti roll bar. Just a heads up. :thumbs:

49_zpsac896646.jpg

Is there much loss of torque from fitting high flow cats (Prior to any remapping etc)? Not that I noticed.

Also, what's the situation with the high flow cats and the EML - do they trigger the warning light? Yes they will trigger the EML. You can do an ECU reset aka "the pedal dance" to turn it off but it will just keep coming on again & again until the car is remapped.

Hope that answers your questions. Definitely worth doing though GT Driver imo. :thumbs:

• Like 1

I have Berks fitted, not remapped, and never had the EML come on - maybe I just got lucky! Great meaty sound from them :teeth:

Actually quite surprised at that. :surrender:

My EML came on at least 3 times within 2 months after fitting my Berks HFC's & Invidia exhaust system. Each time the EML code was due to the 02 sensors detecting a problem.

You really need to have your Zed remapped though evest otherwise that long list of performance mods you've done is pretty much for nowt. ;)

I have Berks fitted, not remapped, and never had the EML come on - maybe I just got lucky! Great meaty sound from them :teeth:

My EML came on at least 3 times within 2 months after fitting my Berks HFC's & Invidia exhaust system. Each time the EML code was due to the 02 sensors detecting a problem.

You really need to have your Zed remapped though evest otherwise that long list of performance mods you've done is pretty much for nowt. ;)

I hear you mate! I'm less than 2hrs from Abbey too - I'll just tell the wife it's a service ! :lol:

I hear you mate! I'm less than 2hrs from Abbey too - I'll just tell the wife it's a service ! :lol:

Just tell her nothing. :dry:

Say you're going for a quick drive or out to help a mate. :surrender: Come back then circa 4hrs later with a big smile on your face and she need never know why. :lol:

Just tell her nothing. :dry:

Say you're going for a quick drive or out to help a mate. :surrender: Come back then circa 4hrs later with a big smile on your face and she need never know why. :lol:

I did exactly that once years back, nothing to do with cars though ;)