exhaust

leebottrill

Yep standard. Only done 24k so hope there shouldn't be that! How would I check that?

It was just a guess so may not be that.

It did happen to me on my Mondeo ST24 that I used to own many years ago but that was a car with 70K miles odd on the clock & on it's original exhaust still.

I checked mine like this ~ One exhaust pipe had very little pressure coming out of it when you put your hand over the exit pipe (caution it may be hot). The exhaust box also rattled when you shook it.

Ohh and would that be a problem ?,

Not sure tbh whether it would be a big problem. :dry:

Obviously if it is that then it is restricting the flow of exhaust gases slightly from your back box which may impede performance so should really be replaced with a new or good second hand back box.

Any garages locally to you that you trust to look at your Zed? ..are you close to any of the garage traders on here?

Nissan dealerships will charge you a lot though. :surrender:

Most people especially people like me with older 350's tend to use good independent garages as their labour rates are lower and the service is just as good if not better I've found.

Can't hurt though to ring them up and see how much they'd charge you to look at it & diagnose any fault with the back box/exhaust system. Should be a 5 minute job for them so hopefully they'll do it for free hoping you'll use them for the work (not likely though).

Then if you find out you do need a new back box then either get a good second hand standard one/uprated one or a nice new one from one of the traders on here and have an independent garage fit it for you.

I've had another listen and the left exhaust is Defo louder.can a back box be repaired or do you normally just replace them? Think I'll pop it up to Nissan and see if they think there's a problem first! Always seems to be run by teenage boys though! Slightly worrying :/ car seems to perform fine btw

Hi guys,

well i took a trip up to the nissan garage today. They had a look and told me that the exhaurt has rusted out and needs to be replaced. The parts that need replacing are

gasket-exhaust x 4

Muffler assy exhaust x 1

Gasket exhaust x1

Muffler assy exhaust x 1

Plus labour this comes in at £817.10

Seems sligtly steep.

what are peoples thoughts?

Hi guys,

well i took a trip up to the nissan garage today. They had a look and told me that the exhaurt has rusted out and needs to be replaced. The parts that need replacing are

gasket-exhaust x 4

Muffler assy exhaust x 1

Gasket exhaust x1

Muffler assy exhaust x 1

Seems sligtly steep.

wow that's a lot off money ...... I would ring a trader up on here and get a stainless steel full system for less than that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

gasket-exhaust x 4

Muffler assy exhaust x 1

Gasket exhaust x1

Muffler assy exhaust x 1

Seems sligtly steep.

My Nissan dealer charged me roughly the same - £800 for a new exhaust at 80k

Edited by The Trouser

Sounds a good deal, I too had my back box changed by Nissan however for less than you have been quoted 3 years ago it had to be welded up last month as it's rusted again! which is partly my fault as I don't use the car all that often, but still not a long time for the money.

I have now bought not fitted yet a full cat back stainless steel exhaust system from Tarmac and some hfc's

If you have to get an new exhaust you may as well upgrade. I got Abbey Motorsport to upgrade mine to a Milltek. Abs love it and the sound it makes. ;)

When you say upgrade you mean to a stanless? Or you mean the whole system not just the back box and mid section?

Im going to another garage this week to get a second opinion. Then ill get ordering :))