Changing wheels?

tokai1

Hi, I have owned zed for a few weeks now and am thinking about changing the wheels, I came across a set on ebay from a dealer, cruise 190 multi spoke deep dish 18x 8.5 front 18x9.5 rear but they say i need a 20mm hub kit to clear brembo brakes! My question is By going an inch wider all round and then adding spacers will that push alloys out too far? also what offset would i need? undecided on style of alloys to suit the car these just caught my eye! also thinking about a mines style carbon front lip, and a nismo style rear spoiler! anyone any pics of a gunmetal with said mods??

only advice i will give is 350z aint cheap if you come from a world of hondas or golf and buying wheels for £600 you going to be upset, you can get small wheels and spacers but it will never look as good as a good fitting set of rotas/varrsteon/cosmis if your doing it on a budget, speak with the traders on here they can hook you up with a set of wheel s in perfect sizes and offsets for your Z

if these are what your looking

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18-CRUIZE-190-STEALTH-ALLOY-WHEELS-FIT-BMW-5-SERIES-M5-E39-/280769313590

maybe the 3sdm 0.01 would be to your taste

http://www.3sdm.co.uk/collection/collection-001.htm

Edited by StevoD

The brembos will cause problems with most ebay cheaper wheels - it is one of those areas which is going to be expensive to fix. Rota GTRs seem a popular swap, there are usually some used ones floating around on ebay.

I ended up paying £1k for some Volks Racing ones (with tyres!) off a guy on here, bargain!

Thing is with me, I want to have black rims with chrome lips... and for some reason, I am having great difficulty finding any that will fit with the brembos for decent money! :(

I've got 19" Volks racing, black with polished lips on mine.

I want to keep suspension standard and no spacers, so I hear 19"s look silly apparently on standard oem suspension ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thing is with me, I want to have black rims with chrome lips... and for some reason, I am having great difficulty finding any that will fit with the brembos for decent money! :(

I had these, lovely wheels

GTV187519105-satinblack2.jpg

• Like 1

I want to keep suspension standard and no spacers, so I hear 19"s look silly apparently on standard oem suspension ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is lowered with "nismo" suspension

I had these, lovely wheels

GTV187519105-satinblack2.jpg

They are nice!

whats decent money?

whats decent money?

That is the burning question for people to be able to make some recommendations.

19's will look no worse than 18's if not lowered, better lowered of course on both counts :)

Am I being stupid when I say: Surely the 18" Lightweight Rays that came with the GT model are the 'best' alloy wheels for the car?

Not to look at as every body has different taste, but build quality etc?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Am I being stupid when I say: Surely the 18" Lightweight Rays that came with the GT model are the 'best' alloy wheels for the car?

Good wheels but without spacers the Rays look lost in arches, hence why people change over to a set either wider or with a better offset.

Edited by aidan

Good wheels but without spacers they look lost in arches, hence why people change over to a set either wider or with a better offset.

Completely agree as I want to get a set of 30/25 spacers for my own. But performance wise I'm guessing they are pretty decent.

Good wheels but without spacers they look lost in arches, hence why people change over to a set either wider or with a better offset.

Completely agree as I want to get a set of 30/25 spacers for my own. But performance wise I'm guessing they are pretty decent.

There are a few wheels out there that come in the same weights (near as damn it) but wider and lower offsets.

no there not the best there as good any other forged wheel by bbs rays advan hre etc etc

I've done quite a bit of research into this

There are a few wheels out there that come in the same weights (near as damn it) but wider and lower offsets.

I've done a fair bit of research into this. If you're after lightweight but wider/better offset there are few options and they sure as hell aren't cheap. The Rays really are terribly light. There are quite a few options that are a bit lighter in the same size, but I haven't found any 19s that are lighter, and 18s with nicer offsets are mostly the same weight or a tiny bit more - a nicer offset means more weight as I understand.

The Enkei RPF1s are a decent bet, but fairly pricey for most and they look pretty dreadful, especially on a Zed.

Volk TE37/TE37SL look great on a Zed, and are just about lighter than the Rays in 18 with nice offsets. They are very expensive and 19s are heavier though.

My long term plan is to replace with 18 inch Volk TE37, to go wider and allow a little more rubber (275/285 at the back, probably the same on front).