Bonnet Struts/Dampers 370z

ross27

I have been looking to get a set of bonnet struts/dampers for my 370z, but i am dubious about fitting them alongside the pop up bonnet system.

Has anyone fitted a set on their 370, and if so what set did you go for? Photos of fitment would be nice! Thanks

These are one possibility:

http://www.z1motorsports.com/g37_370z/product_info.php?products_id=6381

Hi Ross,

There is currently a set of 370Z carbon bonnet dampers on their way to me from the same distributor I get the 350Z ones from. They are (supposedly) as easy and as straightforward to fit as the 350's, but I'm not ordering any more until I get feedback on these and see them fitted for myself.

So, I can't make any promises yet, but watch this space....

Hi Ross,

There is currently a set of 370Z carbon bonnet dampers on their way to me from the same distributor I get the 350Z ones from. They are (supposedly) as easy and as straightforward to fit as the 350's, but I'm not ordering any more until I get feedback on these and see them fitted for myself.

So, I can't make any promises yet, but watch this space....

Great, keep me in mind! I am seeing people altering the pop up hinges on some forums, and others have to remove the battery/brake fluid covers. Id like to do neither if possible :)

• Like 1

I have been looking to get a set of bonnet struts/dampers for my 370z, but i am dubious about fitting them alongside the pop up bonnet system.

Has anyone fitted a set on their 370, and if so what set did you go for? Photos of fitment would be nice! Thanks

http://www.z1motorsp...roducts_id=6381

I have some Circuit Sports 370z CF bonnet dampers coming in to stock in a few days. :thumbs:

Do you have a price Steve ?

I have some Circuit Sports 370z CF bonnet dampers coming in to stock in a few days. :thumbs:

No pop up hinges on that 370 though ???

No pop up hinges on that 370 though ???

I thought it was odd, thought it was a 350 until I saw the other pics, it is a USA Z though

From the bottom of that web page with the pics

If your 370Z is equipped with the Pop-Up Engine Hood (Pedestrian Safety System) as found on the Australian Market 370Z models, please contact Parts@300zx.com before ordering! Additional parts required for installation! Modification/elimination of this system is required.

From the bottom of that web page with the pics

If your 370Z is equipped with the Pop-Up Engine Hood (Pedestrian Safety System) as found on the Australian Market 370Z models, please contact Parts@300zx.com before ordering! Additional parts required for installation! Modification/elimination of this system is required.

Thats the main reason i posted them on here. I have emailed them to find out what is actually required, and will update if they respond.

Someone in Aus made a guide on fitting them by removing parts of the pop up hinge, but i dont fancy doing that!!

http://zclub.com.au/forums/index.php?/topic/4983-z1-hood-struts/

There is another on a forum i cant post a link to, which uses a different method.

• 1 year later...

Silly question here, but what problems does the pop up sytem cause with the struts fitted then?

I'm intresrest in a set of these if they can be installed without causing any issues as seeing as I'm going to the US in a month or so might be a good time for me to order some out there and bring them home?

• 3 years later...

Bumping an old topic but I want to try and find out the truth on this matter after it appeared on FB the other day.

There is a lot of people across various forums state that gas struts shouldn't be used with the pedestrian bonnet lifter system - but I can't find out a reason why. The Jag E-Pace has bonnet actuators yet comes with gas struts. The hinges seem to work in a similar way too.

Is it all just internet rumours and hear-say for the 370Z?

• 4 months later...
On 09/06/2018 at 20:26, antnee said:

Bumping an old topic but I want to try and find out the truth on this matter after it appeared on FB the other day.

There is a lot of people across various forums state that gas struts shouldn't be used with the pedestrian bonnet lifter system - but I can't find out a reason why. The Jag E-Pace has bonnet actuators yet comes with gas struts. The hinges seem to work in a similar way too.

Is it all just internet rumours and hear-say for the 370Z?

I spoke to a few people about this and as I understand it, the 370Z ones require you to cut trim as well.