West Sussex - Milltek Exhaust sound

Roobies8

Hi All

After the non fault accident a few weeks ago (hit from behind and bumper damage), my exhaust is damaged and insurance (my side) will not change exhaust (no evidence that it was accident that caused it, and due to excessive corrosion say it was going to happen anyway!!!!).

Anyway, this now means I need to change exhaust. I'm wondering if there is anyone in Haywards Heath area at all that has a Milltek exhaust so that I can hear it before deciding? My other half says I'm being very fussy with the noise and watching videos is not quite the same.

Happy to drive to you obviously.

Ali

The standard Milltek is virtually silent, possibly even quieter than the original. I was quite disappointed when mine was fitted. It was only once I had Berks HFCs fitted that the true sound of the exhaust was liberated.

I certainly don't find it intrusive or "drony". It is purposeful on idle, meaningful on acceleration but can be lovely and quiet at motorway cruise (even "around" the speed limit...).

Not sure I have helped!

David.

Edited by Tinyflier
  • Like 1

Milltek is quiet but a quality note. A number of us bought them in a bulk buy and were very happy but wanted more volume. The HFCs were the best thing I put on the car and the noise was fantastic. It didn't drone and came alive when you wanted it.

Definitely a good choice.

I put a vid up somewhere I'll try hunt it down

Edited by Will370z

We initially had a cobra when our exhaust went and found it too drony at cruising speed, just touch the throttle at 60-70 and it's droning away, don't know anyone lives with it but that's by the by. got the miltek on now and it's about the same volume as the stock exhaust but has a nice tone to it. You wouldn't be disappointed. As others have said if you need more noise you can always get some hfcs.

Hope that helps.

Hawker

Edited by hawker1986

hi mate i am not sure im exactley local but i know im not far away .I have a standard 350Z UK Gt with a milltek on and standard cats ,standard engine .If you want to come to hear it your welcome to .

Its been fitted only a few months and is settling in but they do get better sound as they coke up ,I probably will sooner or later go Berks HFC and an uprev .

At moment as i said its fully standard so if you want to come have a listen its no problem