Morning and afternoon

zxrob

I was a good guy Saturday, did all the jobs I needed to, kept the wife happy, Sunday was looking good weather wise ;)

So, Sunday morning, out with the missus in the roadster, nice little steady drive out, bit of shopping to keep her smiling ad back home

Afternoon was free so took the bike out for a bit of fun, now, why is it always fecking audi drivers that think they are the quickest thing on the road :angry:, twice in the space of mins I had to glide past showing tem a finger, pah, knobheads, I thought them RS4 were quick :stir:

Rob

RS4s are quick(ish) - had one, but not much out there would keep up with a decently riden bike .......just mind the roads are still slippy as f**K, Was out the other day on the bike and rear was spinning with mild (ehmmm) opening of throttle.

What pisses me off most is car drivers who seem to think they can make a point by trying to 'touch' my back wheel whilst I'm riding my motorbike and I'm still moving, pulling up to a junction/lights. Are they so stupid to realise that they're gonna knock the rider clean off and possibly run me over. A few other riders have encountered these prats as well.

Edited by samsniss350z

It's true

Audi are the new Volvo!

I've got an Audi, does that mean I'm officially an old man? ������

Not old, but to be avoided! -only joking!

gave up bikes last year after nearly 30 years, even sold my hybrid RD350LC that i built 10 years ago!

Too much traffic, lower speed limits and the road surfaces are terrible, loads of potholes or a resurfaced road covered in loose chippings.

Will get a cheap VTR or similar before my ncb runs out.

Image0699.jpg

Edited by ianboom
  • Like 2

Very nice RD350, how could you bring yourself to part with that ?

I got rid of my GSXR750 a few years ago because it just wasn`t being used, had it from new for 7 years and it was in exactly the same condition with 3 1/2K on when I sold it. How I wish I still had that sat in the garage now to play with instead of the XT660X which was just my ride to work bike.

post-18577-0-03251500-1394538259_thumb.gif

Took the lc to loads of shows, even got a pic with Foggy next to it.

I then tuned it and got 70bhp at 9300rpm on the 'most accurate' dyno around, it was one of the most powerful standard bore lc's in the uk that didn't rev high to make it

Anyway lost my company van so i couldn't transport it any more and ended up loosing interest in it.I didn't need the cash, but hate having valuable things that aren't used (jewellery etc) so sold it. I use my zed daily as i couldn't stand having it as a weekend car. On the up side, I never had a car when i had my van!

I just love the sound and smell of two strokes in the morning. That looks immaculate Ian. What p&sses me off the most is the amount of diesel spilt on the roads, especially on roundabouts, this stuff is worse than black ice. I think i'm going to hang my leathers up after the summer.

First road bike was a 350 YPVS... Hooligan bike of the day... Then moved to GSXR6's SRAD then K2 (hence I got Jixa)... Hooligan bike of the day... Then the Buell XB12... Hooligan bike... Now have a Husky SMR630... Fun hooligan bike... This will be my last I think...

Used to run mine on castrol 747 2 stroke, smelled like r40!

Had a buell xb9sx and loved it, street triple was my all time favourite!

Did hillclimbing and a bit of supermoto on a cr500 & ktm640, those were the days!

Ridden bikes since I was 16, oddly haven't missed them?

First road bike was a 350 YPVS... Hooligan bike of the day...

My first bike was an RD350 also, but one of the later Brazilian made "R" ones which had the FZR600 fairing on it. Cracking fun bike, sounded just like the bikes in MotoGP.

I managed to get out on my 996 on Sunday, weather was pretty good all weekend so the roads were drying out nicely. Pretty quiet at 9am blasting down some of the back rounds around my way, but a bit busier later on in the morning - seemed every man & his dog was out on their bikes. The roads were still not 100% though so I wasnt pushing it. Didnt have any problems with car drivers, although did have all the usual people stopping dead on the pavements and staring at the bike. I even had dads pointing the bike out to their kids. :) One bloke actually made an effort of walking over and chatting to me whilst I was filling up with petrol. Amazing what attention the 996 gets. :thumbs: