air con pipe burst, ok to run?

The Chubby Ninja

Hi folks, I have luminous green oil like fluid leaking from my car and a hissing sound coming from where the pipes burst. I can't see exactly where the burst is because it's under the supercharger and im going to need to take alot of stuff off to get to it. I'm pretty sure it's an air con because my coolant and screen wash are red. My question is, is it ok to run the car as long as I don't put the air con on?

It will be fine - well mine was when I did exactly the same thing :lol:

The SC pipes push the AC pipe so close to the drive belts it rubs then eventually wears through :doh:

I have re routed and zip tied my new pipe out of the way so as not to repeat the problem. In the meantime (about 4 months) I just turned the AC off left the belt on.

Replaced the pipe popped into the garage for a re-gas everything worked fine again :)

Edited by Keyser

Awesome guys thanks alot. I'm having a nightmare today, was changing my hub and snapped the brake pipe and the brembo calipper fell and hit me on the foot. I've had to clamp the flexi pipe with a set of vice grips and tie wrap them to the car for the drive to the garage tomorrow. On the plus side I have a shiny new hub and wheel arch liner fitted :)

Edited by The Chubby Ninja
  • Like 1