Front end knocking query

TomLum

Hi i get some knocking from the front end of my 2004 Zed. Usaully when going over uneven road surfaces. Ive done some searching and tried going over these surfaces with brakes applied and I still get knocking.

What are the usual suspects? I was going to get bannana arms but thats expensive if there not the problem.

Droplinks?, bushes?

Thanks, Tom

You can usually see if the compression arm has failed as the rubber pokes out or the arm itself drops down.

Significantly cheaper to get the bush replaced but make sure its not the ball joint first :)

I am getting a similar issue. I got the car up over the weekend and had a fiddle around it seems to be the drop links. I've just received a set whiteline front drop links from Clarke Motorsport, hopefully this will resolve the issue.

I will provide some feedback once they are fitted.

Ouch, They difficult to replace?

Nope

How can you find the fault on the banana arm?

Notoriously difficult to diagnose both on and off the car, but trust me a new arm will fix the problem

:pmzmanalex: for quote

ETA by all means fix the drop links first as this is less costly to do, but nine times out of ten it'll be one of the banana bars

Edited by ATTAK Z

• 3 months later...

Me two have knocking from front end, seems like it's from the o/s f. Checked bushes on both sides and found the n/s f compression bush gone, the bush not in arm. Complete arm fitted but still knocking at low speeds on rough ground. Next was front and rear ARB links replaced. Tried new shocker but still the same. Any advice would be much appreciated