Brake squeak - low speed when warm

zabba

So for a while now I've been getting an annoying squeaking noise from the front of the car at low speed. But this only happens at low speed, under 15mph, when manouvering around a car park etc. It was most noticeable when turning slightly left and must be something to do with the wheel area as the squeak comes and goes as the wheel rotates. It's now getting worse and the brakes are now squeaking when applied, again at low speed and also only when warm after approximately 20 min of driving. I'm guessing that the 1st squeak must be related to the 2nd and the brakes.

It had new pagid discs and brembo pads fitted (with shims) last August so they can't need replacing already. Any ideas? It's getting annoying!

So for a while now I've been getting an annoying squeaking noise from the front of the car at low speed. But this only happens at low speed, under 15mph, when manouvering around a car park etc. It was most noticeable when turning slightly left and must be something to do with the wheel area as the squeak comes and goes as the wheel rotates. It's now getting worse and the brakes are now squeaking when applied, again at low speed and also only when warm after approximately 20 min of driving. I'm guessing that the 1st squeak must be related to the 2nd and the brakes.

It had new pagid discs and brembo pads fitted (with shims) last August so they can't need replacing already. Any ideas? It's getting annoying!

Easier for others to read now :)

Easier for others to read now :)

Thanks!

Yes i've read that the brembos can squeak when hot, but the low speed squeak when turning the brakes are not applied, just worse when they are applied. I think I will get them checked out and if necessary change the pads. Is there any squeaking with Ferodo DS2500?

I recently upgraded my brakes to DBA discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads with OEM Brembo callipers. Fantastic stopping power, even over the standard OEM set up, which were impressive anyway!!

I was initially disappointed to find that there was brake squeal at low speeds, despite using the full bedding in procedure, but now after 2000 miles they are fine with no noise at all. Can recommend the Ferodos.