Water De-ioniser

TomS

• 2 months later...

Finally got round to order a vessel and resin. Also found an expandable hose with spray gun on Amazon. I already have a normal reel hose but the pressure washer but thought it's just easier getting something separate.

Paid £81 from eBay in the end for the vessel and resin. Same thing from Vyair was £88 (with lwoer grade resin apparently) or Daqua was £110.

Will stick up a few photos once I have it up and running as you can see everything on a black car so perfect test subject!

Edited by TomS

Also found an expandable hose with spray gun on Amazon.

Just a word of warning many of those expandable hoses don't like anything more than light tap pressure, so just be aware of that when using it for the first time with anything. You might want to double check the specs before attaching the DI filter.

Well the DI can't handle much pressure anyway which is why I've bought the hose. Otherwise I would've ust connected it to my pressure washer.

Someone on DW has their DI connected to their pressure washer and it works fine. We shall see! Paid extra and got 30 days money back on the hose so if it's @*!# I'll get my money back.

With the Vyair and Daqua ones, you just unscrew the top, make a mess emptying all the old resin out and then make more of a mess filling it up with new resin and screw the top back on. :teeth:

With the Aqua Gleam one, you throw it all away and buy a new one.