LakeZ attendees please read.

martinmac

ARRIVING.

From J36 of the M6 its a straight run in. There is a speed camera on the A590. If you come through Grange over Sands there is a fair sized speed bump. To avoid it stay on the A590 until you get to the Anglers Arms and turn off there.

Anglers ArmsOld Barrow RoadHaverthwaiteCumbriaPostcode: LA12 8AJ

Some of our roads are pretty narrow and the tourists tend to drive in the middle of the road. We also have dry stone walls which get knocked occasionally meaning there may be rocks in the road. Our local wildlife also has a habit of throwing itself in front of cars. Badgers dont do the grills much good.

As its a social weekend zeds are not needed. For anyone camping but not coming in a zed please ask me and once you have unloaded I will show you where to park. Parking at the hall will be busy so please use the space sensibly so we can get all the cars on.

The alternative camp site with power hook ups is about 1.8 miles away. They have a shower toilets and a kitchen. £12 per night to stay there.

FRIDAY NIGHT.

This is a meet and greet at the Rose and Crown. I have an up and coming young musician playing at the pub. There will be food on all day and its very good. It will be busy so those wishing to eat please book a table in advance. Hopefully the weather will be good so we can use the outside space too.

SATURDAY DAY.

Lyndzzz will be doing a charity parachute jump at 1030 so make sure you sponsor her, its a very worthy cause.

There is a lot to do in the area so the choice is yours.There will be a drive out at around 10 am. Many like to take the steam train up to the lake and chill on the steamers. There is plenty of time to get off and explore Bowness and Ambleside. I would suggest Bowness, everything is close to the jetty.

http://www.lakesiderailway.co.uk/#_

SATURDAY NIGHT.

The bar at the hall will be open around 6 pm with the BBQ also starting around then. Ben is going to keep the prices down for food and drink. Please ensure you have sufficient drink to last about an hour. Midge will be starting at 8 pm so please all be seated by then. I stress that this request is not from Midge or his management but from me. No flash photography please.

As soon as Midge finishes we will get the raffle out of the way. I then intend to rearrange the seeating before Pink as Floyd start. They will do 2 hours and I will have tables set up.B, Midges manager will have her sound desk in the middle of the hall. She needs to hear whats going on hence anyone sitting near her please dont distact her.

You will need a wristband to get into the hall on Saturday night but just ask me when you arrive and I will give you one.

SUNDAY MORNING.

Ed, a motoring journalist will be judging the cars again. He has free choice to pick whuichever six cars he likes so there are no categories. I appreciate many of you will have travelled a long way to get here and you may have done the drive out. Dont worry too much about detailing.

SUNDAY AFTERNOON.

For those who are staying around for Sunday I was looking for something to do apart from all the options already on offer. This is one option that I will be doing. http://www.dentmusicandbeer.com/about

Its about 35 miles away so a nice relaxed drive out. I am waiting for conformation as to who will be playing but one artist may be fmiliar. ;)

GENERAL.

There is a Londis shop in the village. We also have a chippy and a chemist. The nearest v power is in Ulverston about 8 miles away so fill up before you arrive.

There is a very good shop at Holker Hall which sells local produce. Its not cheap but is good. There is also a very good shop in Cartmel which has a better range at better prices. This is home of the world famous Sticky Toffee Pudding.I can also get potted shrimps plus a wide selection of good from Cartmel Valley Game supplies.

http://cartmelvalleygamesupplies.com/

If anyone wants anything from here let me know and I can get it delivered.

http://www.holker.co.uk/

http://www.cartmelvillageshop.co.uk/

We also have a local zoo.

http://www.wildanimalpark.co.uk/

TAXIS.

We have a few taxis available but they need to be booked well in advance. If you want to book one for the end of the evening I would call early afternoon.

BAR.

The bar this year will be selling a full range of wines and spirits but bottled beer. This is to keep the price down and give a better range of beer. Ben and Antonia from the Rose and Crown put a lot of time and effort supporting us. If anyone wants to bring their own drink then that fine but the prices at the bar will be very reasonable.

BREAKFAST.

The Rose and Crown will be doing breakfasts but it will be busy so its better to book.

CAMPING.

For those camping at the hall please start to pitch away from the tarmac fist. Any space left on the grass can be used for cars. Anyone who wants the power hook up option can use Allithwaite community centre which is 1.8 miles away. Its £10 per night without power and £12 with power. This will ease congestion at the hall and give us more room for the cars. The community hall also has toilets, showers and a kitchen which you can use for free.

BBQs.

Not a problem but please dont put disposable BBQs directly onto the grass.

RAFFLE.

The 350z forum have been very generous in supporting LakeZ this year but much of the money to cover the cost comes from the raffle so purchasing tickets helps a lot.

• 1 month later...

As its now getting very busy for this year I would appreciate it if anyone camping would use the site at Allithwaite. The car park at the hall will be very busy and I will need all the space I can get. The facilities there are better anyway,

If anyone is interested Midge is confirmed as playing the Dent music and beer festival at 4 pm on the Sunday afternnon.

As its now getting very busy for this year I would appreciate it if anyone camping would use the site at Allithwaite. The car park at the hall will be very busy and I will need all the space I can get. The facilities there are better anyway,

How do we book the camping at Allithwaite then Martin.

Raffle prizes. Midge has generously signed three copies of his album Glorious Noise which is a greatest hits format. There are also a few bottles of alchohol too. The raffle goes a long way to paying for the weekend so you support is very welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Martin,

Just to clarify, will there be no camping at the hall at all? This is a bit of downer as trying to get bk to a camp site 2miles away smashed will be a bit of a challenge :(

• Like 1

There will be camping but its limited. You should be fine though. I will just need to get one line of cars on the grass which will still leave enough room.

Ahh! Thank God for that!! Was panicking there!! This is a lads event this one. The good lady isn't coming with me as she hates camping and also my car lol.. Gonna get messy!