Raising the 370 Roadster

Jack Carter

Picked my 370z GT Roadster up last week - bought from a main dealer.

Looking in the boot, there is a mobility kit (no spare) but there is no scissor jack. The cut out is there for it in the base but it's empty.

I called the dealer only to be told that "they stopped supplying scissor jacks in new cars from 2010 onwards.

Am I being mad in thinking this is untrue ? or is the dealer correct ?

I know these scissor jacks aren't great to be honest, so was thinking of getting a low profile trolley jack. Anyone else use one of these ?

Cheers :thumbs:

Yup you don't get one in the roadster, or in the coupe I believe, you just get the tyre foam.

Was a problem for me on wales a few years back as i had horrendous noise from the rear wheels and no jack to sort the problem out. Thankfully Darren-b was there to help out (out always)

You can add a spacesaver, jack and handle if you wish - see here:

http://www.350z-uk.c...wheel-on-a-370/

This looks good !

So, in short I wouldn't need the spacers. I could use a 350 spacesaver on the back - straight swap. If the puncture was on the front, I could temporarily put a rear wheel on the front, and the spacesaver on the back to get me out of trouble (though I'd need two scissor jacks wouldn't I ?)

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item460e212946

:lol: You've GOT to be kidding !

I have seen a slightly cheaper alternative - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-30488-Tonne-Scissor-Jack/dp/B003ZQK9MA

I only want to keep it in the cut out that is in the boot by the other tools - just in case of emergencies. What do you guys think ?

Edited by Jack Carter

Scour eBay for one for a Micra or Cashcow they are all probably the same. The Micra one fits perfect,ask Darren B.

You'll need to check the dimensions of the draper to make sure it fits.

Scour eBay for one for a Micra or Cashcow they are all probably the same. The Micra one fits perfect,ask Darren B.

You'll need to check the dimensions of the draper to make sure it fits.

Just ordered the Draper from Amazon. If it doesn't fit, I can always return it, I have seen one on Ebay that suits the Micra so will bear that in mind if the Draper is no good. Thanks for the tip :thumbs: