Rosie takes a trip to abbey motorsport

Will370z

First and foremost and far more important than my car, just wanted to say how great it is to see marks dad up and about after such a fantastic recovery. We had a good old chat and it's so good to see him doing so well and looking so healthy.

Since the warranty is now out on Rosie I decided after all the glowing reports from ebized and Darren-b that it was time to reclaim the licence from my old 350 put the remap on the 370. A big thanks to Darren for letting me try out his car to see what the difference would be. You just cost me more money matey.

Got there at the crack of dawn and as usual was a friendly welcome. Mark got straight onto the job, it's very strange watching someone take your car to the red line when normally I don't go anywhere near it.

Results were very good, a nice boost on bhp, more so than I got with the 350 and 16lbft of torque more. The difference in the drive is definitely noticeable.

You get 5 different maps, 1 is the standard map reflecting the existing setup. 2 is more responsive, 3 is well let's say it's significantly more responsive :), 4 is valet mode where you can lock the max revs to 3k for when you drop it off anywhere and don't want people to drive it and 5 is for when you put have no choice but to put standard fuel in.

I tried map 2 as this is what I would normally be using. The car is definitely different. It was quick before but now you get a continuous constant build up of power. It just goes and it is definitely superior to the standard map. The biggest difference is at higher revs however. Before I found above 5k revs I just got a lot of noise but not much else, it just hit a plateau. I'm therefore used to changing up at 5k, let's just say that is no longer the case. It just goes, and goes and keeps on pulling constantly to the limiter.

Then I tried map 3, not one while stuck in traffic but with the roof down and a nice straight it just a huge smile on my face and a light on the traction control.

Very happy with the result and I am now ready for wales.

But that wasn't all the fun. While waiting I mentioned to mark about the glowing report in evo that his supercharged gt86 had got. It looked lovely in that burnt orange colour. So mark handed me the keys and said go have fun while we do your car. .... I didn't need asking twice.

Now I will admit I have never been a huge fan of the gt86. I like the front but not the rear and anything less than 200bhp on a car like that doesn't interest me. Also the reviews of the interior have never been great. Putting it simply I've changed my mind, god it's a good little car and that supercharger is a cracker. I was expecting to have to rev the nuts off the thing but I never had to (or would as it wasn't mine) but it just flew. That supercharger noise was very additictive, the cabin was fine and the seats and ride extremely comfortable. It felt very light and agile and I would love to take it somewhere like wales.

I could be very happy in one of those, only thing I wasn't so keen on was the exhaust was a little too loud but I'm guessing I am a little old now lol.

They also had their race car up and ready for tomorrow so good luck with that.

So headed home and took a detour of the m25 to box hill to enjoy the roads and test the remap. Loving it. Then I pulled into the Nissan garage at alder shot to get some touch up paint and saw the 370z nismo in black. Putting it simply it was stunning. I now have a test drive booked....opps.

Anyways here are a couple of pics of the gt86 and marks race car. Thanks for letting me take a spin in the car and thank your dad for the chat. So good to see him doing so well.

c0b6141161833a8bb6bb636fdf1b7e80_zpsb683d0a8.jpg

6c661a3458581b12cfcda6450f36ad05_zps289a4de0.jpg

30d31aacf9506b0effcf6bc265b2127d_zps0669ae91.jpg

Will would you say there is anything you didn't like about this mapping and the way the car drives now

• 2 months later...

Yup sipar is correct, they stayed on for a week and were removed. Too loud with the stillen and there were figment issues.

it was just a figment of his imagination :lol:

:)

It was a little embarrassing jumping in at work and sounding like a racing car. I love the stock stillen, even though I usually can't hear my car when I go to wales with a bunch of loud ass zeds lol

Fully agree with this. You need a nice balance if its a daily driver.

It was a little embarrassing jumping in at work and sounding like a racing car. I love the stock stillen, even though I usually can't hear my car when I go to wales with a bunch of loud ass zeds lol

Fully agree with this. You need a nice balance if its a daily driver.

Mines not a daily but it's still got to be enjoyable not anoying :)

• 2 weeks later...

:D