Carbon Wrap: Start Small!

Darren350

Hey guys,

Here is my first attempt at wrapping something in 3M carbon vinyl. I did the ash tray as I thought if I frigged it up too bad it wouldn't cost me a great deal of wrap, lol

What do you think?! Be kind! Just got the rest of the centre console and the 2 door window switches to do now. Grrr...

post-21544-13941146921_thumb.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Other side:

post-21544-139412668162_thumb.jpg

In my 3 attempts I have gotten better which I guess is a good thing haha

The main thing to watch out for is little bits of grain or dirt on the part you're wrapping as the first pillar section has a few bubbles where dirt is clearly under neath.

Scratching all dirt away on the second pillar means no air bubbles at all.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Respect to you wrapping is a hard skill to acquire I've tried doing my center column and the curves and holes are a nightmare takes so long and a lot of patience think I just gave up and going to pay for it done however the pillars look good May give them a go myself

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I just realized i bought this car and to be 100% honest that Darren guys wrapping skills where about as accurate as his thoughts on the clutch :lol: i've since removed all his CB wrapped stuff as it was hideous and bubbled up like mad!

We realised you bought the car a while ago :lol:

• Like 1

I just realized i bought this car and to be 100% honest that Darren guys wrapping skills where about as accurate as his thoughts on the clutch :lol: i've since removed all his CB wrapped stuff as it was hideous and bubbled up like mad!

We realised you bought the car a while ago :lol:

I didnt notice :lol:

• 3 weeks later...