Spacers on spacers, opinions?

iLott

Okay so on the rear I have 10mm spacers with the subsequent 10mm longer studs. However I want the extra 5mm of wideness on the rear! So basically I want to know if I make up so 5mm spacers can I just sit them on top of the 10mm spacers? Alternatively I can make up some 15mm spacers to instead of the 10 + 5 but the 5 will be easier with material sources being limited at work. This is all only possible ofcourse if the 10mm longer studs will take and extra 5mm safely.

Opinions please!

Dan

I wouldn't recommend it, I know Colin (Ebized) did something similar and found they warped and warped the discs !

I'm sure he can explain why as I can't remember :thumbs:

iirc he tried 20mm +3mm shim

Edited by GIXXERUK

On a car years ago I ran hubcentrics bolted to hubcentrics, ran it for over a year without any issues. As long as it's tight, and they are of decent quality and have a centre mounting hub rather than being flush then you'll be okay IMO. But ideally, just get spacers the size you need/want - as they're not as expensive these days ;)

Well my thinking behind it is I can make them up at work for free! I really can't see a problem with stacking them aslong as they're both hubcentric so have no room to move...? Although it might be hard to make the 5mm on hubcentric... May have to go for the 15mm ones...

I wouldn't recommend it, I know Colin (Ebized) did something similar and found they warped and warped the discs !

The 3mm alloy slip spacers distorted - only marginally but enough to then affect the discs. Tophooker sorted it and advised against their use. I now use 25mm one-piece spacers.

The 3mm alloy slip spacers distorted - only marginally but enough to then affect the discs. Tophooker sorted it and advised against their use. I now use 25mm one-piece spacers.

Ah okay, that's strange, was it just cheap metal then? How did it end up warping the disc??

Ah okay, that's strange, was it just cheap metal then? How did it end up warping the disc??

Link to the thread about the issue - Ripspeed spacers from Halfrauds, so maybe I should have guessed :lol: But did a about 5k miles as I recall before the issue surfaced http://www.350z-uk.c...ge__hl__spacers