20.5" wheels and 24.5" tyres.... looking a bit deflated

ostego

Wish i could say this will be the last topic that makes me look like a clueless idiot.... but we all know thats not the case! Thanks for your advice and heckling, and am sure ill run into another problem soon :)!

Yargh... yet more ****ing expense for the zed.... have already spent £1130 on it in the last 14 days! These arent cheap cars

Wish i could say this will be the last topic that makes me look like a clueless idiot.... but we all know thats not the case! Thanks for your advice and heckling, and am sure ill run into another problem soon :)!

Yargh... yet more ****ing expense for the zed.... have already spent £1130 on it in the last 14 days! These arent cheap cars

On the plus side... This did make me smile :)

By 35 i mean psi

By 20.5 i mean the diameter of the wheel in inches

By 24.5 i mean the distance between one outer edge of the tyre to the other (2 inches of tyre on either side of the wheel) in inches

Am sorry for all of the confusion vreated by this.... but it is no longer relevant. I have decided to go for 35psi pressure but am now faced with 3 stuck dust caps

Ok....but what the hell have the wheel sizes got to do with tyre pressures?!

THAT'S what has confused us all.

Ooh, fair shout... didnt really know tbh.... was assuming that if the wheel was bigger, it may mean the pressure would need to be different from that with a smaller wheel given the lower volume of air that can be fitted in the tyre... but i guess the nature of pressure as a unit makes that irrelevant thinking about it!

Was just trying to be thorough... not purposely trying to drive everyone mad :)!

Well, this is actually correct, the rim/tire size is relevant, especially with cars that have 15"-19" stock, where the difference is even bigger.

Also, you can't measure rim size by measuring outside edges of the rim, you should refer to numbers on the tire wall.

By 35 i mean psi

By 24.5 i mean the distance between one outer edge of the tyre to the other (2 inches of tyre on either side of the wheel) in inches

Am sorry for all of the confusion vreated by this.... but it is no longer relevant. I have decided to go for 35psi pressure but am now faced with 3 stuck dust caps

Ooh, fair shout... didnt really know tbh.... was assuming that if the wheel was bigger, it may mean the pressure would need to be different from that with a smaller wheel given the lower volume of air that can be fitted in the tyre... but i guess the nature of pressure as a unit makes that irrelevant thinking about it!

Was just trying to be thorough... not purposely trying to drive everyone mad :)!

Well, this is actually correct, the rim/tire size is relevant, especially with cars that have 15"-19" stock, where the difference is even bigger.

Also, you can't measure rim size by measuring outside edges of the rim, you should refer to numbers on the tire wall.

We live and learn! Certainly wont be forgetting this anytime soon! Will enquire about tyre sizes when i get the valves replaced and hopefully brush up on my tyre awareness!

Can see why everyone was so confused now! It just seemed the most logical way to measure them in my head!

By 35 i mean psi

We live and learn! Certainly wont be forgetting this anytime soon! Will enquire about tyre sizes when i get the valves replaced and hopefully brush up on my tyre awareness!

Can see why everyone was so confused now! It just seemed the most logical way to measure them in my head!

It's why we're here, to help each other and to develop our love for our mutual interests (350z's for everyone except Ekona, he just loves tyres :lol:)

Edited by AliveBoy