obd2 to ipad air lead?

Arran

No, the unit provides the wifi signal so you just have to connect to the obd network in settings.

I use the iobd2 unit with the accompanying app for plotting where I've been and average speeds etc, all connected via wifi.

Edited by KyleR
  • Like 1

Usually it's just a plug without any cable but yes, they'll work fine, providing the app works with wifi. I bought the iobd2 stuff because the plugin d app are made to work with each other.

Not used dash command so not sure if it has any functions that iobd2 doesn't, but give it a google.

Don't leave the cable/box plugged in, the socket is permanent live so you'll drain the battery :)

Really? Then why does the throttle controller that's plugged into it turn off with the ignition? My iobd has a led on it, I'll check if it's on when I get home to the car.

I use a wifi one with my ipad / iPhone. PITA to get connected first time, lots of googling etc, but it works fine now. I think it does say powered, I noticed the lights still on after I switched off the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive gone for elm327 wifi and bluetooth ones, hopefully they'll connect up ok first time round

Good luck with that I spent a good hour dicking about with IP address which means very little to me, just lots of numbers and decimal points :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk