Doing some of my own service.....

nowhereboy

I've just ordered a few bits from CS to service the car, spark plugs, oil, belts. I've also got nissan gearbox oil and diff oil at the ready.

I have pretty much zero experience with mechanics. I can change a wheel, I've fitted induction kits and thats about as far as it goes. I really like the idea of doing some work on the car myself. At the same time I'm a bit worried I'll make a complete hash of it :lol:

I've looked at a few youtube videos and guides etc and from what I can gather the oil change and plugs doesn't look like too much of a problem. How acheivable is this for someone with zero experience?

I'll save the gearbox oil and diff for the garage obviously.

• Like 1

Really easy, maybe there is a member local who can help you out for the first time to show you how, hardest bit will be getting the belts tight enough and undoing the nut on the pulley (it's not hard). Expect about 3-4 hours to get it all done

Really easy, maybe there is a member local who can help you out for the first time to show you how, hardest bit will be getting the belts tight enough and undoing the nut on the pulley (it's not hard). Expect about 3-4 hours to get it all done

Don't forget to put a new nut on the adjuster for the belts. :thumbs:

Doing the service is pretty straight forward on the zed. I found the most time consuming bit was getting the undertray off under the engine. It had about 18 bolts which were all rusty. The oil filter is easy to get to, along with the air filters etc... both of which you can change with minimal tools needed.

Good luck!

Just take your time and make sure you have the proper tools mate.

Sparks aren't too bad if you have a long extender and belts are dead easy. Print off the guide, read it a few times and you will be good :D

• Like 1