What colour hoses for Silver 350Z?

Chromatic

Hey guys -- I'm having a difficult time deciding on what colour to go with for my 2008 Silver 350Z.

This is the car:

11415440674_bf7da1019e.jpg

If it were red, I'd go with red hoses, plates, and engine dressing.. If it were blue I'd go with blue... But it's silver -- and the colours that are commonly available for all the engine dressing parts are Red and Blue (some things have Black).

So if I want to keep with a single "theme" I pretty much have to pick between red or blue.

What do you think looks better in an engine bay on a car this colour out of Red and Blue for the hoses, wiring, and other engine dressing parts (some functional some not) ?

I'm about to order my first engine "dressing" piece and from that piece I'm going to follow it's colour to keep a nice uniform theme .. I don't want to repaint every piece I pay $100+ for, and lose the label on it,.. etc.

I'm leaning toward Blue for some reason.. but what do you think? I really don't see any silver cars like mine with the engine bay opened and full dressing to compare visually.

Thanks for your opinions,

Imo silver gives you a blank canvas and would look underwhelming even if you get silver, you need a contrast and I think red would look spot on

+1

Silver, grey and black are exactly that - blank canvasses. As long as you use the same colour throughout, you can go with any colour you want. I considered red and blue on my grey car - then went ORANGE! :thumbs::teeth:

• Like 1

Thanks guys! More input please... Good point on the "blank canvas"..

You guy think the Red looks "nicer" or Classier (less cheap) than having blue hoses?

I do think the Air Diversion Plate needs to *not* be Blue (or red... not that I"ve seen a red one).. I'm going to go with a Mitshimoto (sp?) Black one.. Which I'll have to cut up with my dremel to fit.. but that's the only choice really.

Basically these are my colour options:

1622851_198346380375131_1113681556_n.jpg

Which would you choose for this silver car? Again, I'm thinking Black.. ESPECIALLY if I'm going to take the advice so far and go Red with everything,.. Black blends well with Red, I could grab a Nice "red" sticker of say Berk or Invidia, Or Mitshimoto, etc (any of the brands of perf. parts I've put on) and put it on the Black panel cover to the right and it would blend in a bit better.. ) -- I'm not a huge fan of stickers, but one or two tastefully put in the right spots can look good, esp. if it's really a brand in/on your car. ;)

I plan on doing the Engine all the way over time -- Grabing ALL the hoses in Red (if I go red..) Then getting a complete bolt kit in Red (which is like $80-$100) not cheap at all! Getting the grounding wire kit, and so on.

I don't think I'm going to spray paint my Brake and Battery covers though.. I don't think those look good when painted like that.. looks a little cheap to me,.. Only ones I think look classy are the Carbon fiber covers,.. but man it's expensive for something that has absolutely no performance or even really function lol. (It does do a good job of keeping the battery terminals from corroding.).

So Red or Blue? :D

Carbon Fiber is too expensive for to justify the extra cost (to me).. It looks great, but it just doesn't pop much... and for the cost of it I only justify it for replacement of heavy things.. ie: Hood, etc.. to be somewhat functional.

Still though -- Red or Blue? For my whole theme here.. ?

• 1 month later...

Mine's gunmetal (not miles off silver) and I went for red. Just the other day though I had to have a short length of blue hose installed to replace a hose. Now I'm certain that blue is a better colour than red IMHO, so certain I'm thinking of ripping out all my red!

Nice! Looking good, you gonna get the engine cover painter red where is is silver? I've got so much left to do on my engine dress!

Thanks.. it's a start, so much more to do. I've been putting so much money into the car performance, and otherwise that I have to give the wallet a bit of a break ;)

But,.. I don't know on the engine cover. I sort of like the Silver factory it's painted already. I'm all for engine dressing, but I'm a little more on the conservative side with styling/colors. IE: I don't think I'll ever go start painting 75%+ of all the engine bits a certain color like Mopedmark :) -- Just not me. Though I will likely do the hoses Red, ground wires red, Hand paint the Dipstick handle, Washer fluid cover, and things that are obviously eye sores. ;)

Mine's gunmetal (not miles off silver) and I went for red. Just the other day though I had to have a short length of blue hose installed to replace a hose. Now I'm certain that blue is a better colour than red IMHO, so certain I'm thinking of ripping out all my red!

Yeah I was on blue the whole time till I started comparing both blue and red setups side by side and Red just caught me more.. Color is very much a personal decision.. This whole thread and question I originally asked is not one really with an answer that can be given ;)

It's only the imagination that stops people,there are loads of different colours that you could use, it's how you use them :thumbs:1459922ce9db5af6223993b88480348a_zps1ddfbba8.jpg

That looks great. When painting yourself it's also a huge money saver and even better you can get the same color/theme on everything instead of buying pre painted bits that often are shades different (which just won't work in my world lol ;) ).

I'll be doing some painting of bits myself.. I think I can still afford that right now. I could use some "pro tips" from you on methods, paint, etc to get that clean, professional look like you have clearly accomplished here. *Hint* feel free to PM or just start giving out your process in this thread. :D