Something troubling

SiriusProjects

Hi Guys,

For the last day or so my 350Z has developed a squeaking noise in the cabin, literally everywhere. Sounds like it's coming from the front, the sides and the rear. It's almost like the car is flexing, as if it's lost rigidity as the ride doesn't feel quite right.

Any ideas what it might be?

Thanks.

It's the plastics. If you punch the offending part it stops :lol:

Well, it worked for me, horrible squeak from inside the cabin, banged everything, squeaking stopped,

Pete

And what did the wife think of that? :lol:

I had this recently, was a really annoying squeak coming from the boot area, couldn't work out what was causing it, checked every where, had it for about 6 week's then remembered I had the boot lid trim off to do the wiper delete and I hadn't banged it back on properly, couple of good hard smacks and the noise went!

Edited by Dannyg

I found out what the problem was. Weirdly it was the drivers seat causing the problem. I had moved the seat back and it was touching the subwoofer housing. So any tiny vibrations were being translated from the seat to the interior. I moved the seat forward a touch and bingo, the squeaking stopped.