Berk HFC's Arrived!

Chromatic

I like the vents on the side but that one in the middle is just hideous. :surrender: Definitely think it would look better painted body colour too imo. :thumbs:

Yeah? From my experience you really get to see the big differences when people start doing bodywork to the car (any car).. You see I like the middle vent just as much as the sides. I'm also a fan of hoodscoops (Small, low profile scoops.. not the crazy high ones..).. Though The way this engine is designed there is no hoodscoop that would be very functional, so not going that route ;) -- but I may end up eventually going with a hood (the one I showed was just an example of a vented hood.. not necessarily one I'm dying to buy ) :) .

The Hood will have to wait a while though,.. next is the Tune which will run me $600 alone,.. and I'm fairly tapped as it is,.. So that would be more Summer mods as I get more disposable income for the vehicle. I like the stock hood, esp. on the HR's with the bit of a "lump" in the middle of them.. So there's no huge reason other than the 'heat' for me to go to another hood -- So there's an equal chance I'll just stick with what I have.

I've also noticed some people getting aftermarket hoods and half of them just don't fit well.. The seams don't line up like the factory one does,.. And the only benefits from a hood are 1) Looks (which is going to be highly subjective) and 2) If well vented, reduced Engine bay heat.. Given I've said I'm well pleased with the stock looks (plus stock is incredibly light),.. the heat isn't enough, so far, to push me to a MUST buy/have item.

If I end up with a Supercharger or Turbo(s).. the heat would become a different issue for me.. but that is a BIG *if*. :blush: