Nismo V1 spoiler and number plate

Lincolnbaggie

Had a search but couldn't find an answer.

How have people fitted their number plate onto a Nismo V1 front spoiler?

The original black plastic plate surround off the OEM bumper doesn't fit the new bumper and I can't see how it's going to look good :wacko:

Minel, how did you attach yours?

Any pics or help much appreciated :thumbs:

Id suggest some really strong mounting tape (double sided from halfrauds) warm up some water and soak the plate in it until its a bit soft, then attach :thumbs:

Sounds good, but then the plate would be above the grill and you'd see the mounting bracket below it which would look c**p

Id suggest some really strong mounting tape (double sided from halfrauds) warm up some water and soak the plate in it until its a bit soft, then attach :thumbs:

Sounds good, but then the plate would be above the grill and you'd see the mounting bracket below it which would look c**p

No, you'd take the mounting bracket off it :doh:

RIMS019.jpg

:thumbs:

RIMS019.jpg

It's the plastic bit that's part of the bumper that will still show. Arrowed in the attached picture.

There is a metal bracket that screws over this for the JDM number plate, but obviously they are a different shape completely.

Still looking for a better way :surrender:

Looks fine to me, i wouldnt see that as a problem

Personally I think it will look naff with that showing in the middle of the grill. There must be a way of fixing the number plate so that it sits over that plate rather than on the bumper above?

You putting that plate on the new beast Sarnie?

Oh yes B)

Yours is on a similar par to mine as far as getting pulled goes I suppose. Although you probably won't be driving it as often?

Had it on the zed. Got pulled four times. Four times they never mentioned it :)

RIMS019.jpg

It's the plastic bit that's part of the bumper that will still show. Arrowed in the attached picture.

There is a metal bracket that screws over this for the JDM number plate, but obviously they are a different shape completely.

Still looking for a better way :surrender:

Get a motorbike rear shrunk down plate. That'd look sweet! It's illeagal but take it off if you get pulled for it!

Adhesive number plate sticker , I know in the past they said they are illegal because they are not reflective... but this guy

http://www.craigsplates.com/questions_a ... l#anchor15

says:

Do you make flexible stick-on (self-adhesive) plates?

Yes we do. This type of plate is a show plate for off road use only as it is non-compliant with BSAU145d thanks to a blanket ban by DVLA. We believe they banned them as most were sold directly to customers in kit form, therefore spacings were not adhered to when they were made up. Our plates are reflective and use the legal font (unless a different font is chosen) so they would comply if they weren't banned!! Bendy, flexible, stick-on (self-adhesive) plates are not made of solid acrylic and are more like a reflective sticker that can be placed directly onto the bodywork. You can only order this type of plate by specifying that you require a showplate during the order process. We sell two different sizes, standard oblong and square. If you require a different size please call us.

Effectively if it looks pretty much standard, in the right place, and looking pretty standardish (i.e. not bent over a bumper crease etc...) I couldn't see many coppers stopping you for that ( specially now they don't seem to exist on UK roads...) ;)