Passenger door not unlocking

Whazza22

Hi all,

Recently discovered that the passenger door doesn't unlock with the central locking anymore.

It used to be fine. I'm wondering whether this has occurred since the battery was upgraded. Maybe lost memory?

Is there a way to get it to unlock again, rather annoying for the other half lol

Thanks

Thanks for the replies.

I have a sterling alarm fitted so there is only one button used. Press it once and it unlocks, press it again and it locks. I tried the method of pressing twice and it just locks again lol

It has always worked in the past. Will try the 5 second method.

• Haha 1

Thanks for the replies.

I have a sterling alarm fitted so there is only one button used. Press it once and it unlocks, press it again and it locks. I tried the method of pressing twice and it just locks again lol

It has always worked in the past. Will try the 5 second method.

Is yours a UK Supplied or JDM, sounds like a JDM with an aftermarket alarm. :blush:

Worst case you have the same problem as me which is an easy fix, the spring anchor for the door handle return breaks stopping the opener from popping back up and when you lock the car it jams, took me ages to figure out but as said it is an easy fix once your there...

Hope its something else but if its this give me a shout...

Cheers...

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

Did you ever get this sorted? My passenger door won't unlock. The lock knob on the internal door handle (number 10 in attached diagram) isn't going to the totally unlocked position when I press the unlock button on the key fob (twice), or try and push it manually.

Door won't open... MOT failure. I guess I may have to prise the interior panel off but is there an easier fix?

blob_601dae7a883831698cf23bd765bf2331628fe6cb.png