Wrapping electric window button recess

clockwize

I'm on my first attempt at wrapping and to be fair I found it easy up to the point of the electric window button recess! I can't work out how to do it, the angles are really right and the gap is really small.. Anyone got any tips?

First glance looks good!

3y6ahuza.jpg

As you can see I've bodged a few smaller bits in there and it looks ok at first glance but they'll come lose easily...

agyba9yh.jpg

Clockwise

Good to see you getting stuck into Modding. I assume you were inspired by your first meet at Sevenoaks. Keep up the good work. Put your name down and join us at Incarnation...

Payco

Clockwise

Good to see you getting stuck into Modding. I assume you were inspired by your first meet at Sevenoaks. Keep up the good work. Put your name down and join us at Incarnation...

Payco

Thanks, start small and all that ;) might just give up and spray them though, the recesses don't seem to be suited to being wrapped :/

I don't know what incarnation is but will have a look and see if I'm free :) yes saw loads of awesome ways to blow money on a car I'd never even considered!!

Fair play though for trying and it doesn't look too bad. ;)

Can't work out if that's a compliment or not lol

:lol: Yeah sorry ~ what I mean is it doesn't look as good as a dipped one would but it does look good for a wrapped one.

...and good job for trying it yourself. :clap:

How much would it cost for dipping and how long does it last? If it chips as easy as spray paint not worth it I guess lol. At least carbon wrap is cheap and very resistant to damage.

Want to do this myself. Was it easy getting the trim off??? Also you got a link to the carbon vinyl you bought? Was it just standard 3M mate? Thanks!

Yeah, dead easy to get it off, take your favourite trim removal tool (or an old credit card or something) and poke it underneath and push with a bit of force, they pop off.. there are guides on the forum. passenger side, you have to pop the trim off the passenger door handle and unbolt it, then pull it off, before you can get that one off.

yeah, I got it from: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200952652329 though looking at it now, I ordered and paid for 4D black and it definitely looks more like the 3D one!

How much would it cost for dipping and how long does it last? If it chips as easy as spray paint not worth it I guess lol. At least carbon wrap is cheap and very resistant to damage.

Dipping is obviously more expensive but imo looks a lot better. Prices vary but for smaller item's like the interior switch panel's maybe £50-£80 (est.) for the pair to be done. Depends on how much prep work is involved & how large the item is though tbh.

They're usually Clear lacquered after dipping so very resilient.

Here's an example below just to give you an idea.

IMG_20111018_172753.jpg

Nothing wrong with a carbon wrap instead though if you like it. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Dipping is obviously more expensive but imo looks a lot better. Prices vary but for smaller item's like the interior switch panel's maybe £50-£80 (est.) for the pair to be done. Depends on how much prep work is involved & how large the item is though tbh.

They're usually Clear lacquered after dipping so very resilient.

Here's an example below just to give you an idea.

Nothing wrong with a carbon wrap instead though if you like it. :thumbs:

Not usually a fan of carbon (unless it's real) but that looks amazing!