Majorly werid problems with Zeds Electics "pull the key out, car stays on"

Broomers-ZED

Hi guys. Not to shore were to start with this. But had some problems with turnin the Zed on a while back, but tonite. Heard my alarm go of. Unlocked my car...

Got in my car to try see if it would turn on... Car turned on okay, all the re lights lite up, turned car of... And took key out, but the thing is the car stayed ticking with the keys into hand. I had to stall my car to get it to turn of... Then all these ligjts stayed alit...

Pic won't load. But the battery, handbrake, airbag and seat belt icon all stayed alit, they apperd to be flickering aswell.

I get out my car to try and lock her, it locks, thn unlocks itself. Very confused

Another note, when I had the key pulled out and the car was still ticking over... It seemd to be throttling itself :-S

Very confused guys, very worried as I am not at home tonite, and upset. What are your thoughts?

Thankyou. Phil.

I would guess it's the ignition barrel, I have seen similar before as it is quite common on porsches, luckily they are the same barrel as an audi part and are only £11 on ecp

it sounds like its locking/unlocking because it thinks the key is still in the barrel

someone on here recently has had electrical gremlins and found out the fuse box behind the battery was full of water ! it's worth checking this out :thumbs:

Cheers for the comment GIXXER!

But it's happend again. Tht night I had to get towed to my local friendly garge, as the car was complete nakcerd, (battery still fine)

Any way was told by AA man tht water could have goten into the BCM body control modual and tht would cause the car to play up like It did.

So next day comes. I finish work go to garge and they say battery was dead.... Charged it up. Turned it on for abit every hour. It locked fine & unlocked fine (at this point I had no dowts in it)

So drove it last night. Everything worked as per should.

This morning comes... BACK TO SQUAR ONE... my car takes about 4 attempts to start I have just pulled up. Locked car and in the time it's took me to right this message from entering my house my alarm has decided to go of... Just like it did from the start again.

Guys what is going on? Haha. Thanks

Ps excuse me spelling :p

Sounds like a drain on the battery somewhere.

Zeds do crazy things with shafted or dying batteries.

If all worked well with a fully charged battery, but then overnight battery drains and causes issues again next day.

Check the battery.....It's just about the easiest thing you can do.

Are you friends with anyone from the forum? Are they local? Go round their place, stick their battery on your car and see what happens (this would save you going and buying a new one until you're sure).

all the guides are on here though lol? Youtube also has answers.

I think he's doing more damage tinkering with it than actually looking to see what the problem is. For all we know every time he's cranking it over its shorting power onto something that it shouldn't be. I give it a couple of hours and there will be a "My car caught fire" or "New BCM and wiring loom required" thread

Haha. Nah il have a look Into the BCM tomoz. If I can find it.

Yes all terminals are tight

I will also get the battery checked for the correct ratings aswell tomoz if she turns on.

I just went out and tryed to start her up. After failing 5times an hour ago, and it turned on pefectly.

Just gunna have to find and eleminate what I could be. Then I'm going to sell her after she's all fixed and serived. Had enough.