Newbie Bose speaker question..

andybest

Has anyone ever had any problems with the Bose sub not working?

I only picked up my UK GT a couple of days ago and thought that the stereo does not have much bass coming from behind the seat. I would have expected quite a lot of bass from the sub, anyway i took off the cover and unbolted the sub checked the connection and it seems ok, but to be honest i have no real idea where the wiring goes to.

Is there anyway to test the sub and the wiring?

Well the amp is in the back, can't remember exactly where but think it's below the carpeting in the boot?????

You could try to measure the signal coming from the amp at the sub, at least it'd tell you if you are getting anything there or not.

If the sub was blown it'd still make a noise so sounds like at worst, you've blown a channel in the amp.

open the boot, lift the carpet and plastic cover, the spare wheel is in the middle, look to your left and you'll see a polystyrene box the amp is in there i think :)

Check the fading. From what I can remember the sub channel is for some reason connected up to the rear outs so if you fade it forward you are fading down the sub as well.

Bear in mind this is a stock subwoofer that is just a poor piece of paper and a magnet small than my components. It won't produce the sort of sounds you hear from any aftermarket sub system

Ignore my last post, i have now got it out.. just got to figure out whats going on now.

I have faded all to the rear and turned up the bass as far as it will go. Now just going to play a 60hz tone through the stereo to see if the sub does anything.

hope the car doesnt shake apart! :p

Nope it didnt. I took the sub out of the housing checked the connection played the tone and.... nuffin out of it at all, hence i am back indoors trying to locate another sub that i can just test with for a second. If its the amp i guess i will have to get a new one. :headhurt:

right the sub is fine i just tested it on another stereo... Now on to the amp.. need to get a meter to test for continuity on the cables then replace the amp i guess.

Anyone got an old one they ripped out?

I may go down the route of an aftermarket install later but for now i should be able to get this working for a fraction of the price.