My Z has a buddy club pro spec 3 and its too droney for my liking!

clockwize

Hey guys,

I just bought Taddy's 350Z, lovely car but a 4 hour drive home gave me a bit of a headache to be honest.. I like the beefy noise when you put your foot down but I found it hard to stop it droning and it gave me a headache :(

From what I've read, the Miltek one would be better for me.. What do you think?

Would anyone happen to want to swap? or how much would a Miltek one set me back and how much can I get for the buddy club pro spec 3?

Also not able to do this kind of thing myself as I'm not nut-bolt-and-dirt minded :lol: So would need someone to fit it/swap it.

Cheers

I had a milltek and an induction kit on my 350, great sound under acceleration but no cabin drone when cruising. Check with traders on here for accurate price but around £950 if memory serves me right.

Sounds like what I'm after, £950 is a bit steep! Just bought a car and have no £950's laying around at the moment :( Any other decent non-droney exhausts that I could get maybe second hand? How much does a Buddy Club Pro Spec 3 go for?

buy some removable bungs for the tail pipes, it will enable you to keep the exhaust you want and will quieten it down nicely. It's about £30 for two and take about 20 seconds to fit each one :)

It has removable bung things in it already :wacko:

Yikes! Does it have it's cats removed? If so, putting some back in might be a good option which wouldn't be too expensive. The Buddy club is a good exhaust, it would be a shame to get rid for the sake of noise levels :)

buy some removable bungs for the tail pipes, it will enable you to keep the exhaust you want and will quieten it down nicely. It's about £30 for two and take about 20 seconds to fit each one :)

It has removable bung things in it already :wacko:

Yikes! Does it have it's cats removed? If so, putting some back in might be a good option which wouldn't be too expensive. The Buddy club is a good exhaust, it would be a shame to get rid for the sake of noise levels :)

Its got the standard cats! Well, if someone else likes the big noises, I'm happy to do some kind of swap :)

Buddy club are known to be silly loud, maybe just get a custom centre section with a big resonator built in?

To be honest I've got no real idea what that is, what I'd look for, how to fit it to the existing system..

Buy something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item335acf7e6a

take it to a welder and get them to fit it into the exhaust. I had to do it a few months ago and it made a real difference :)

All they will do is cut a section of exhaust out and weld this into its place. The boxes are really tightly packed so it will take a chunk off the DB level. It cost me £20 to have mine welded in :)

Edited by AliveBoy

Buy something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item335acf7e6a

take it to a welder and get them to fit it into the exhaust. I had to do it a few months ago and it made a real difference :)

All they will do is cut a section of exhaust out and weld this into its place. The boxes are really tightly packed so it will take a chunk off the DB level. It cost me £20 to have mine welded in :)

I'm worried I'd be messing with a very decent exhaust (just one not to my taste lol)

Cobra or scorpion? Around 300-400 quid. Both similar sounds and sounds nice! I recently replaced my K-1 (with decats and bungs out I had my ears ringing for around 15mins after any drive) with Scorpion - sounds really nice, no drone inside!

just swap it back for a secondhand standard one off ebay, or a scorpion system if you want to go cheap aftermarket. no shame in saying an exhaust is too loud! you'd be better off flogging the exhaust to someone who wants a loud exhaust, rather than try and mod a loud exhaust so its quieter.

Cobra or scorpion? Around 300-400 quid. Both similar sounds and sounds nice! I recently replaced my K-1 (with decats and bungs out I had my ears ringing for around 15mins after any drive) with Scorpion - sounds really nice, no drone inside!

I'll take a look at those, thanks.. Any idea how much I can get for the buddy club pro spec 3?

just swap it back for a secondhand standard one off ebay, or a scorpion system if you want to go cheap aftermarket. no shame in saying an exhaust is too loud! you'd be better off flogging the exhaust to someone who wants a loud exhaust, rather than try and mod a loud exhaust so its quieter.

I agree mate :)

actaully saying that, wherabouts you based? i've got a cobra resonated (bought new in November 2013) and a standard y pipe, but i would have gone for a secondhand buddyclub if one was available at the time!

I'm in Kent mate.. Was you thinking of some kind of swapsies? :)

I'm not 100% sure how old it is, I know the car has had other exhausts on it too and its only got 40k miles on the clock, so I think it can't be that old, or used..

Scorpion sounds more up your street, £394, you can sell the BC for a few quid

Drop me a message if I can help

A few quid? From what I've read I can get £400+ for it.. I'd happily use you if you were closer :wacko:

I got all my stuff (including my Cobra exhaust) for the car via mail order from Tarmac; perfect service every time. Location doesn't matter! Another solution if you're suffering with cabin drone get a rear tonneau cover, makes a massive difference on mine (although maybe not enough for the Buddy Club!)

I made my own, but if I was needing another one it wasn't worth the hassle; i'd just buy one off 14N, a member trader on here:

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/69257-350z-vertical-tonneau-cover-boot-divider/

:thumbs:

Scorpion sounds more up your street, £394, you can sell the BC for a few quid

Drop me a message if I can help

A few quid? From what I've read I can get £400+ for it.. I'd happily use you if you were closer :wacko:

I got all my stuff (including my Cobra exhaust) for the car via mail order from Tarmac; perfect service every time. Location doesn't matter! Another solution if you're suffering with cabin drone get a rear tonneau cover, makes a massive difference on mine (although maybe not enough for the Buddy Club!)

I made my own, but if I was needing another one it wasn't worth the hassle; i'd just buy one off 14N, a member trader on here:

http://www.350z-uk.c...r-boot-divider/

:thumbs:

That might be worth looking at.. cheers, big waiting list though ;[