Holiday within a Holiday

StevoD

There is a good chance that me and the family will for the first time take a holiday to america this year (my father,mother and sister), the dates it looks to be going later end of june happened to cross with a Formula Drift weekend, so as im in the USA be rude not to pop along and she how it goes down over there,

only issue is it looks like we will be in you guessed it Orlando and the round that is on over one of the weekend is at wall stadium new jersey, has anyone on here have an experience or advise about traveling within the usa using internal flights (cant recall the term) are they a bit funny about tourists just hoping around the country as they want, and as the closest airport is about 20-30 miles away i will need a rental car anyone got any advise or warnings about taking out a rental in the usa,

I only have experience of connecting flights in the states. I assume as long as you have your passport, flight documentation and visas it shouldn't be any different.

Hire cars. I hired a car a few years back and as I was going across state lines I had to make sure there was no issue. It can be apparently. Oh and fueling is a bit weird, having to pay before fueling but it's cheap.

You will need both parts of your license too.

Enjoy

I rented a mustang from uscarhire.com about 18 months ago and they were really good, the car came from Alamo. I picked it up from LA airport and dropped it back off at Las Vegas airport to fly home and it was fine. I had to pay a fee as I'm under 25, but I didn't have to pay a one way surcharge etc. I had enough cover so that "as long as we get this bar code (taps window) back we don't care if that is all we get back"

The people we went with flew on to new mexico on an internal flight, stayed there for a few days then back to LA to fly home. They didn't have any bother at all.

You should not have any issues travelling internally in the US, although make sure you update your ETSA with the hotel etc in Jersey, then again when you go back to Orlando. . . as the info shows up on the immigration mans computer and if its incorrect they will give you a hard time.

Edit - You may not have to see immigration on an internal flight . . . better safe than sorry and all that.