Car Detailing Geek here -- Your favourite Tire Shine ?

Chromatic

Well did a bit of searching.. and this product: (IronX)

cqir500.jpg

Crazy Review about it here:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/42651-review-carpro-iron-x.html

Seems to be THE go to solution for Baked in Brake dust,.. metallic or semi-metallic contaminants in paint (Car body or wheels). I have a good feeling about this stuff to be honest.

I use megs on an old washing up sponge.. its a little greasy but I put the sponge in a food bag and throw it out every couple of weeks when its too bad.

really really high gloss after two application

not all that hard wearing but should last a week or so.

im sure you all do the same but I keep a microfiber cloth in the car to wipe off any thats splashed on the car while im out. Thats the only issue I havr with it

My favourite is Finish Kare

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres/finishkare-108as-top-kote-tire-dressing/prod_635.html

I bought a litre over 3 years ago, and still got just under half left. Dip the corner of a MF cloth in the open end, and wipe on, after iv done all 4 tyres, go round with the still damp cloth and mop up any drips etc. Lasts on the car for ages, so great value too

• 4 weeks later...

Meguiars endurance Gel. I also use this on the wheel arch liners on the front after I've given the car a good wash, it makes such a difference. I also use it on the plastic scuttle just below the windscreen. This stuff is so versatile its saving me a small fortune and reducing the amount of products i need for detailing.

Edited by samsniss350z

I really need to get around to trying my "stuff" (can't even remember the name.. it's in an unopened box in the garage) on the wheels.. I've been waiting till the weather and my schedule open up for a good wash and wax for when I try this stuff..

Hopefully I'll have something to report here soon. :D

Do want to report on this I tried:

armorall-extreme-tire-shine-gel-buy-one-get-one-free-medium_ffd41a6399e14c6023097b2613c7c27c.jpg

Good product, but not "extreme". It's just about like the rest.. A bit glossy nothing major,.. 1-2 weeks duration,.. Not what I am after.. the hunt continues ;) Not even really worthy to post pics or anything.. not better than other products I have.

post same as below but took so long to load i thought post had been lost so i repeated it. Has this site been on the lash tonight---god it so pitifully slow and still missing letters that i type, its getting beyond a joke now. :angry::rant:

Edited by samsniss350z

Chromatic, sounds like its going to be like Christmas now that spring is here and you have a great big box of 'goodies' to open and experiment with. I look forward to seeing what you have, what you used and how you got on with each product.

Not that many goodies really.. I have had many boxes of parts I've installed as you can see in my build thread.. But as for detailing.. yes, the weather is here.. but for where I live the forecast from April till Oct is:

Highs 95-110F (40c-44c) with 85-100% humidity and a chance of showers (literally that's everyday... lol). So actually summer brings more rain, and ridiculous humid unbearable heat.

That said,.. it's time for another wash, and wax.. and some work on the front wheels if that product will do anything.. I'll be sure to video it.. I always do (half the stuff I've video'd is not posted on the forums).. After the next wax I'll do a walk around video of the car.

If the stuff takes the imbedded stuff off the wheels I'll definitely do a video of it working.. as that will be a great surprise.

And.. if I ever find the tire shine I"m after I'll show you guys lol.. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I actually went to the place that had the tire shine that I am trying to find .. and the guy was very cool.. He tried to find out what it was.. but they get it in 55 gallon drums.. and it just says "Warsaw" on it.. Some company who makes it, has no name. It looks like a milky substance. He said he would text me when they put the empty drums out for trash as you can always get like a few liters out of them even empty if you bring a container.. Then he asked me if I had a bottle or something.. I gave him my 20 oz sports drink bottle I had in the car and he went to the dumpster area and I helped him lift the empty drum and we got about 12oz or so of the stuff.. Haven't put it on yet, But I figure that is enough for a few applications anyways. So I'll show what it looks like on the car and maybe you guys can point me to something that looks like it.

Plus it has some serious durability..

I did notice that it slings after application. But for the way it looks and durability of it That's ok with me.. I'm even willing to clean up after the first drive if it doesn't "dry" where it won't sling .. I like it so much. ;)

Edited by Chromatic

Well that was the company.. Talked to them,.. and the smallest they sell is 5 gallons! ack!

It's $115 for 5 Gallons (19 Litres).. which is obviously way more than I'll ever need. I guess I could get it , split up, and maybe one or some of you would want a gallon.. but that's probably hard to say before you see it..

Though I DO have about 10 ounces the guy at the Car wash gave me.. So I can make a video of that when I do my next wax.. and if it "super" impresses anyone then maybe I will order the 5 gallons.. and someone will want some of it to help offset the cost ;)

Although with the prices of some of these Tire shines (the most expensive ones) .. $115 isn't INSANELY high by any means.. it's just 5 gallons is a monster heh. LIterally could last someone the rest of their life.. or at least a decade+.. :D