So....servicing...

zippypooz

Well, needing a P2 service on my current girlfriend, ie my Zed (nothing sexual mind you!!) i decided to give my local Nissan dealer a call...you know, give them a chance and all that!!

After a few minutes the nice man phoned me back with their price. 'Hmmm' i thought, ok not too unexpected.

Then then informed me that i'll need a plug change too...I was rather taken aback by his comment as id been unaware that he'd seen my bath. But after realising my mistake i asked him as to how much extra this would cost.

'Double the service cost mate and that will be the rough cost' he said....What!!!!!!!!?? (I said!!) :scare:

So feeling like i was being taken for a ride, i went to see a jap loving car mechanic friend of mine who owns a business in Haywards Heath. Funnily enough i was the 4th person to come in and enquire about a plug change on a Zed!!

So after some friendly advice from a guy that knows all there is to know about jap cars i decided to book my car in with him.

Around £450 which includes the P2 service, an uprated exhaust change, a new upgraded air filter and a gearbox oil change.

And he also supplied me with a website where i can buy my 19" Dunlop Maxx tyres for around £175 instead of £250.

So all in all, im a happy bunny!! :D

Better than £370 plus another £340 from Nissan. :wacko::boxing:

My local Nissan dealer changed my spark plugs on my Zed when I first bought it and naively used them as I thought it was best. Ended up paying £220 odd to change my spark plugs which I thought was bad enough.

£340 odd though is taking the pi** if that's what he quoted you. :dry::lol:

My local Nissan dealer changed my spark plugs on my Zed when I first bought it and naively used them as I thought it was best. Ended up paying £220 odd to change my spark plugs which I thought was bad enough.

£340 odd though is taking the pi** if that's what he quoted you. :dry::lol:

Yeah thats what they quoted!! What a rip off eh!! They fed me the excuse that its because theyre platinum tipped...yeah i know that, and i also know how much platinum tipped plugs cost!! Dealers are such rip off merchants...glad im going with someone trustworthy and with a good rep on jap cars, Nissans loss eh!!!!! :yuck::dry:
  • Like 1

It's is not an hours job BTW! Took me 2.5 hours last Friday...throttle body side wasn't too bad but drivers side was a nightmare to get in and actually work behind all the wires. Wouldn't like to do it again but then again wouldn't pay 300 for it!

• Like 1

It's is not an hours job BTW! Took me 2.5 hours last Friday...throttle body side wasn't too bad but drivers side was a nightmare to get in and actually work behind all the wires. Wouldn't like to do it again but then again wouldn't pay 300 for it!

Yeah its a bit of a job, i wouldnt want to do it but at the same time id rather not get ripped off hence getting someone i know to do it.

But Nissan do take the p**s!!

• Like 1