DE engine, Is 300BHP possible...... ?

nowhereboy

I have a 2004 DE and it made 307 BHP and 297 lbft this morning at TDI North after 5 pulls on the dyno and about an hour and a half of mapping. The mid range has gained 30 to 50 lbft which is the most impressive thing about it.

So yes, 300+ BHP is possible, but not guaranteed according to the mapper. They can vary 30 BHP with the same mods on them. It's often down to how they've been looked after/driven.

I guess I got lucky.

Like any car, turbo or not, a remap is essential if you've "increased airflow" in any way whatsoever. Mine was running very lean and that has been corrected. Average mpg on the road not affected during normal driving / some use of cruise control on motorways. Still 23 - 32 mpg. I don't know about spirited driving yet, but I don't care either. fast = fuel. It'll be better than a turbo whatever it gets.

Well done and you must be pleased with that result. :yahoo::D

Add it to the "Dyno results" thread along with a mods list/what dyno etc if you can just to give others an idea of what they could expect. :thumbs:

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/23450-dyno-results-info-thread/page__st__100#entry1254886

• Like 1

I notice people get incredible results at TDI I'm assuming that their dyno is fairly optimistic compared to Horsham and Abbey.i understand 300 on a DE is very difficult.

Dyno's do vary between tuning shops and in all honesty, peak power is entirely irrelevant IMO as the peak torque has already started to fall away before you reach it. The hike in torque is tangible so that's what matters, and the improvement is right the way through the entire rev range, not just pulled up in the last 2500 RPM by opening the wastegate later on a boosted engine for example. In 3rd and especially 4th, you'll notice that, believe me. People get hung up on power and it's a ridiculous metric to focus on since it's only achieved for a brief moment in time under certain conditions and as such is no measure of the performance or drive of the car. The torque curve tells the real story, in particular the area underneath the line.

• 8 months later...

I got 297bhp and 282ib/ft with scorpion Y pipe back, plenum spacer, HKS filter and uprev.

As said, drives SO much better than the power increase would suggest.

holy20thread20resurrection.jpg

but i must say, well one on using search :thumbs:

I hit 307bhp in my DE.

'06 Airbox

5/16 plenum spacer

Lightweight flywheel

Sports Cat, Y-pipe and back.

Remap

SuperUnleaded < biggest ingredient. lol.

my dyno is around here somewhere...

• Like 1