0 to 100mph times, 350z rates not bad!

hensh65

313 350z faster than the 370z??? :thumbs: (I wish!)

Dunno, when had a 370z for a few days, in back to back tests, I personally felt my 313 was a lot more responsive and quicker. Might be purely psychological as I was more used to the 313, but to me I was quite disappointed and it made me dismiss the idea completely of the 370z being an "upgrade" over a 313 350z. Sure, going from a 276bhp DE model 350z to a 370z im sure I would have noticed a big difference, but from a 313 to a 370 I didnt.

Still, 0.1 second quicker on that list apparently!

Interesting list, doesn't appear to be massively accurate but still a nice read. This really puts things into perspective:

Bugatti Veyron Pur Sang 5.5 s

Nissan 350Z (308bhp) 12.7 s

Think about what it feels like mashing your 350Z to 100MPH. Now imagine doing that in 7.2 seconds less time! It must be a serious rush.

That's why I like motorbikes, ridiculous power to weight ratio. I've had bikes easily capable of doing 0-100 I'm under 8s. It's a huge rush.

Me to. My R1 hits 115mph in 2nd gear and will continue to pull, pull, pull, pull until you bottle it and ease off the throttle. Only problem i find with motorbikes is keeping the front wheel down. :thumbs:

• Like 2

Interesting list, doesn't appear to be massively accurate but still a nice read. This really puts things into perspective:

Bugatti Veyron Pur Sang 5.5 s

Nissan 350Z (308bhp) 12.7 s

Think about what it feels like mashing your 350Z to 100MPH. Now imagine doing that in 7.2 seconds less time! It must be a serious rush.

That's why I like motorbikes, ridiculous power to weight ratio. I've had bikes easily capable of doing 0-100 I'm under 8s. It's a huge rush.

Me to. My R1 hits 115mph in 2nd gear and will continue to pull, pull, pull, pull until you bottle it and ease off the throttle. Only problem i find with motorbikes is keeping the front wheel down. :thumbs:

Good fun though.....got an R1 as well. Sold the ZX10R as the front wheel was never on the ground and scared me shi*less.

Good fun though.....got an R1 as well. Sold the ZX10R as the front wheel was never on the ground and scared me shi*less.

Yep, cant beat it for value for money. Ive had my R1 since 2001, so its getting on a bit now, but still gives you a hell of a buzz. I splashed out on a Ducati 996 last year as well to add to my collection of toys. :)

Ultimate performance bargain has got to be a BMW M5:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/bmw/m5/2005-55-bmw-m5-saloon-5-0-v10-bmw-warranty--clutch-and-flywheel-replaced/1992194?isexperiment=true

15 grand gets you a genuine 200mph car (if delimited), under 10 seconds to 100mph. the example above seats 5, has had clutch and fly replaced, should provide a few years of happy motoring!

or for an extra grand, its coupe brother, the M6:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/bmw/m6/bmw-e63-e64-m6-full-service-history-2006/2022706?isexperiment=true

:cloud9:

An M5 will not do 200mph, not without serious power increases. I know that a R32/R33 Skylines will tickle 200mph with over 600hp, if thats what youre aiming at then the cheapest way to do it would probably be a Z32 with serious engine mods. Ive driven 700hp flat out and not quite reached that speed (more down to gearing TBH), you can feel it getting more difficult as you get faster.

An M5 will not do 200mph, not without serious power increases.

I always thought they did, then after seeing your post thought I should probably do some research :blush:

Loads of vids here of them doing 200+, no idea what power they're putting out but none seem turbocharged or anything. Not conclusive proof obviously, but I suspect they can't all be wrong.

These things seem awfully interesting all of a sudden... :D

Edited by Ekona

Ultimate performance bargain has got to be a BMW M5:

http://www.pistonhea...experiment=true

15 grand gets you a genuine 200mph car (if delimited), under 10 seconds to 100mph. the example above seats 5, has had clutch and fly replaced, should provide a few years of happy motoring!

or for an extra grand, its coupe brother, the M6:

http://www.pistonhea...experiment=true

:cloud9:

I was looking at what the best value was when new. Would love an M6 in the dark red/brown

@Doc Agreed, but there's modified with an exhaust and a remap, and then there's modifying adding bigger turbos a la GTRs. One frees up a bit over the manufacturer safety limits, one adds horrendous amounts and costs a fortune to go with it. I'd still call them close enough as to not worry about it. :)

Bizarre timing, as I'm going to look at an M6 on Sunday.

Edited by Ekona

@Doc Agreed, but there's modified with an exhaust and a remap, and then there's modifying adding bigger turbos a la GTRs. One frees up a bit over the manufacturer safety limits, one adds horrendous amounts and costs a fortune to go with it. I'd still call them close enough as to not worry about it. :)

Bizarre timing, as I'm going to look at an M6 on Sunday.

I hate you. :teeth:

Oh aye, the 997 Turbo is another one that tickles the 200 mark and will do it with minor improvements, Ive heard the R35 will too but theres not mich outside hypercars that will do it standard.

Having said this, an M6 is more aerodynamic than an M5 and what with you going to drive one on Sunday I think we have resolution here, let us know how you get on with the big 200 mate ;):lol:

• Like 2