new gearknob on it's way

davedutch

Zeus, brushed alunimium with 350z and gear change etched into it.

Briggsy, thanks for the link, my car is wrapped matt grey but am looking to tidy the interior and blue is a good colour, gaitoe and handbrake could be a good start, new head unit going in soon so that will help the new look.

• Like 1

Briggsy, thanks for the link, my car is wrapped matt grey but am looking to tidy the interior and blue is a good colour, gaitoe and handbrake could be a good start, new head unit going in soon so that will help the new look.

Same as I ordered then, they are very nice :thumbs:

• Like 1

I've gone for a MOMO knob to match my re-trimmed wheel but am wondering what the leather gaitor looks like once the standard knob has been removed and whether it will allow a neat integration to the MOMO knob which is much slimmer at the base... :blush:

David

You may see a circular mark in the gaiter where the original knob has sat . Buy a new gaiter and it shouldn't be a problem :)

Probably will at some point but short term I was more wondering how wide the top of the gaiter is - ie is it as wide as the base of the OEM knob or is it closer to the diameter of the gear stick shaft and slides up underneath the OEM collar?

David

You may see a circular mark in the gaiter where the original knob has sat . Buy a new gaiter and it shouldn't be a problem :)

Probably will at some point but short term I was more wondering how wide the top of the gaiter is - ie is it as wide as the base of the OEM knob or is it closer to the diameter of the gear stick shaft and slides up underneath the OEM collar?

David

Oh right sorry. Gaiter is a close fit around the shaft so will be tucked under gear knob neatly :)

David

Oh right sorry. Gaiter is a close fit around the shaft so will be tucked under gear knob neatly :)

That info is much appreciated!

It's a nice cheap mod to do and it came in a couple off days after ordering it :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk