350z and 370z T-Shirts For Sale

oldbonesmcgee

Hi Everyone,

My name is Dan and I am a graphic designer. I recently bought a 370z GT and designed a t-shirt to have printed with the car on it.

I thought that some people on here might be interested so I have set up a couple different variations. I don’t make huge profit on these, they are high quality t-shirts with high-quality fashion-grade flex print material (that makes up the artwork) and that’s where the money goes (and towards the trader fee).

On the site you can choose any colour of t-shirt and either a black or white graphic.

The t-shirt has a front and back design (the front and back of the car) and a small logo on the sleeve.

Here are the designs:

350z

1,width=280,height=280,appearanceId=39.png2,width=280,height=280,appearanceId=39.png

370z

370z-gt-white-graphic_design.png2,width=280,height=280,appearanceId=39.png

VALUE OPTION ADDED | £17.10

Link to the online shop:

http://dcly.spreadshirt.co.uk/

There are some other designs on there that may increase over time, all the artwork is hand-drawn by myself not copied/borrowed from other sources, and if anyone has a custom request I will do my best (e.g. interest in a convertible version)

Any questions let me know!

Cheers

Dan

Edited by oldbonesmcgee

For those who mentioned the price on the other thread, I can't stress enough that these are VERY high quality t-shirts, comparable to fashion t-shirts, Superdry etc. These aren't supposed to be just a wear-once novelty t-shirt, they will last a very long time. I realise that the price is quite high but as I mentioned I am only making a very small profit, which is to cover the Traders Fee and other minor costs, and these t-shirts are not even comparable to 10 quid ebay t-shirts quality-wise.

/Rant over :)

Cheers

Dan

Hi Dan,

Maybe I can add my pennies worth....

In my opinion a 350/370 t-shirt will only be worn occasionally to meets or shows, etc. Also, only for the time that the owner has the car (average of probably 2-3 years ?).Therefore it will get little use and therefore personally I would not want to spend so much money

Now if you want to offer a high quality expensive t-shirt why not bulk buy superdry plain t-shirts (less that £25) and add your design, you could then add say £10 to the superdry t-shirt cost.

So you could offer a low cost option and a high cost option. I personally like the idea of a superdry version myself...I would likely wear this frequently as it is fashionable and 'different'.

Hopefully there aren't many members that think the same and that you get many orders.

Cheers,

Steve

• Like 1

Perhaps if you got a group order for 50 shirts you might be able to offer them at a more attractive price

According to spreadshirt.co.uk you can get a good rate as low as €6.90 per shirt.

591306EB-193E-4D50-9DB4-811E9685E4B4_zpsa0z4wka8.jpg

Add your traders fee and shipping on top and you prolly be able to offer shirts at like £12.99

Obviously I dunno what else is involved, just throwing it out there

Plus the £10 eBay shirt is a heavy duty Fruit Of The Loom shirt, which compared to the £6 shirt is of course a bit thicker in feel (£6 shirts are the usual lighter weight Screenstars type)

Still wishing you the best for your business

Edited by BulletMagnet

Not going to lie, I've had some t-shirts custom printed recently, front and back and I paid not much more than £10 each. Decent quality t-shirts and the print is good too. Pics below for reference.

5xi1.jpg

jbvz.jpg

The t-shirts are a good design but quite expensive, maybe lower the quality of the shirt to bring it down a bit? Mine are fruit of the loom and they're fine for day to day real world useage. Not trying to dig, just offer an idea or two to help.

to be fair it is the traders choice on what price he wishes to sell them at. If members dont like the price then dont buy.

You can get various degrees in quality of t shirts. What one person thinks is good may not be to another. We all have different standards.

Can this be moved on now

Yeah spreadshirt advertise amazing prices (which is why I went there in the first place) but then once you include front and back designs, and the extra charge for both of those being your own uploaded design (therefore custom plotter setup etc.) and finally add the premium t-shirt surcharge you end up at about 22 quid per t-shirt.

Yeah spreadshirt advertise amazing prices (which is why I went there in the first place) but then once you include front and back designs, and the extra charge for both of those being your own uploaded design (therefore custom plotter setup etc.) and finally add the premium t-shirt surcharge you end up at about 22 quid per t-shirt.

Have you thought about screen printing them? One off set-up fee is a bit more, but the cost of the shirt is pretty cheap, it's what I wanted to do but I had too many colours. A design like yours would be good as it's single colour.

Screen printing is an option but it is a bit of a risk, as you can see there's not huge interest here anyway.

I have created a value option, on a standard quality t-shirt, with no side branding insignia and next to no commission on it.

This is as cheap as I can make them!

£17.10

http://dcly.spreadshirt.co.uk/

Cheers

Dan

I wouldn't say there isn't any interest, there are 170+ views on this topic, so there may be potential.

And this is just a UK forum. Dare to imagine that you posted on say my350z.com, that would probably yield some sales too

So there is interest, just the original price may put most people off.

I myself am still watching with interest

Edited by BulletMagnet

Bring a sample or 2 to Wales in May and an order book, - maybe even bring a few examples to sell in popular colours (like orange :teeth: ) as it's guaranteed to be a cracking weekend weather wise :thumbs:

I'm sure you'd get orders for quite a few there :)

• Like 1

Bring a sample or 2 to Wales in May and an order book, - maybe even bring a few examples to sell in popular colours (like orange :teeth: ) as it's guaranteed to be a cracking weekend weather wise :thumbs:

I'm sure you'd get orders for quite a few there :)

Then bulk order from a screen printer and make more monies! :thumbs:

• 3 months later...

I wouldn't say there isn't any interest, there are 170+ views on this topic, so there may be potential.

And this is just a UK forum. Dare to imagine that you posted on say my350z.com, that would probably yield some sales too

So there is interest, just the original price may put most people off.

I myself am still watching with interest

I agree!, plus I think they look smart, will order a couple for my trip to Miami ;-) .. no info on sizing though...