16" rear wheels

SamN

Right..... Having some problems with my e36 drift car and I'm concerned that it won't be ready for the drift day I have booked on 5th Feb (next Wednesday)!

Worst case scenario: I'm thinking of taking the 350Z. I have loads of 16" tyres and the only spare set of wheels I have in jap fitment are a spare set of 18" rays. So my options if I have to go down this route:

1) Buy some 16" wheels (I have 30mm spacers so clearance shouldn't be an issue that way, but would it be height-wise with Brembos?

2) Buy some 17" wheels AND somehow find a load of 17" tyres

3) Somehow find a load of 18" tyres

So.....

1) Good option if they'd clear the brakes as I can use the tyres I have and just have to find some 16" wheels

2) More expensive but easier to find tyres than option 3

3) Harder to find scrap 18" tyres

Any other suggestions?

Worst worst case would be cancel the drift day but I really don't want to do that!!

Cheers

Sam

Edited by SamN

Where do you live? I have some 18's with tyres on if you're close to Woking/Surrey area, I think I've got 6, just return them without tyres on at all. I've done 16's before, I used 40mm spacers to be safe to clear the calliper but that was due to the lip inside the alloy. I used standard 200sx alloys. I also have 8 16" alloys, some without tyres on if you need some, I'd sell them to you for cheap. I could post you some up if you organise shipping too. Ride height was fine and it smoked them up nicely.

stock s14 wheels 16" dont fit over 350z brembos just incase you see that as an option,

where are you going to just buy any cheap poo wheels you find on ebay that are in 17s with tyres although i found running anything less than a 225 on rear were killed in 8 laps of norfolk arena, but most places will have wheels for rent and tyres for sale

stock s14 wheels 16" dont fit over 350z brembos just incase you see that as an option,

where are you going to just buy any cheap poo wheels you find on ebay that are in 17s with tyres although i found running anything less than a 225 on rear were killed in 8 laps of norfolk arena, but most places will have wheels for rent and tyres for sale

They do with 40mm spacers haha

Only going to pod. I have 30mm spacers so they could work!

Obviously my preference is to fix the e36 but if not I may be in touch AliveBoy, I'm not too far (Southampton).

Got some 40mm spacers you can borrow too if you need them. Let me know, we can try them at mind first if you like.