Plasti dip...

Spatt

Just got a price for coating my wheels in this rubberised paint..

£100, Seem fairly cheep..

Has anybody had it done what is it like to live with? does it come off, pain to clean.. any info becuause i dont know much about it

Spend another £100 and get them repainted properly.

Plastidip on wheels looks cheap and doesn't last.

Search for Plastidip using the search button. Quite a bit of info here about it.

• Like 1

Do it yourself - all they will do is give the wheels a quick clean and spray it on, it doesn't require much in the way of creative talent to apply.

As the others said, on You Tube and from a distance it looks ok but up close you can tell its just rubberised paint with plenty of imperfections. It will no doubt also start to fail with the impact of stones, dust, heat etc. A full refurb and spray will cost you approx £200 and give a much better quality finish.

I used it to refinish the door pull, but that's only a temporary solution before I ask Vlad to do some dipping for us!

I wouldn't fancy it on my wheels but is a massive craze in the states. Have u got any spare wheels to try it on first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say buy a can first and see what you think, iv had my wheels and other bits plasti dipped for coming up to 2years with no problems at all. And it was driven daily until recently. Just make sure you do nice lights coats and build it up from there

cheers for the advice... i think it'll be a cheep (ish) solution for what i need. and as its not too popular over hear thought i would give it a shot.

think i could tackle it myself? going for blaze orange on my azure

Yeah you could definitely do it yourself, just make sure your wheels are absolutely spotless beforehand and make sure you get an even coverage all the surfaces/spokes. Especially where the rim meets tyre as this will help it "cling" to the tyre. Nice light layers to start of with and then start building it up. I built up about 5-7 layers I think

There are loads of guides online for doing it.

It'll take about £50's worth to do the wheels.

I'd seriously just save up the extra cash and get them painted properly.

I've found it works well for painting up trim, or badges etc. I've done all the faded trim on my 300zx with it.

But the finish doesn't look good enough in my opinion for large areas like wheels etc. Looks cheap.