Bumper Tuck and Coloured exhaust tip polish

ddcboyle

Two Questions guys, firstly, how do you do a bumper tuck? Ive seen lots of before and after pictures, but no actual guide so far. Im a photo kinda guy, not reading, so photos would benefit me more but i can still read, aslong as it is dumbed down for me :lol:

Secondly, my invidia exhaust has blue tips. How do i polish this? obviously autosol is an abbrassive, and so is meguirs. And im presuming that blue coat is just a spray. Is there a way to shine it up again without losing the blue?

Bumper tuck is one of two ways . . .

1. Couple of self-tappers

2. Cable ties attached to the clips on the inside of bumper, although due to where the clips are can cause a slight sag in the middle.

I know which my preferred method would be :lol:

I think Bob has done his, send him a PM :thumbs:

I used cable ties originally, just to see if I liked it, then, when I decided I did like it, I moved to the self tappers, although the cable ties held it perfectly well.

Get down under the back of your car and take a look, it's pretty self explanatory once you see what's involved.

The mid section of the bumper is held to a support/impact beam by two tabs. These tabs attach to two white plastic brackets. Unscrew your bumper from the brackets then either remove the brackets or, I simply turned them anti clockwise 180 degrees so they're outta the way. You can then cable tie the tabs on the bumper to the upturned brackets, or screw the tabs to the support/impact beam.

Others have screwed through the bottom of the bumper, but I didn't fancy this. So I'm only using what Lord Almighty Nissan provided (the two tabs) and haven't really got any sag.

SAM_2088_zps5ed6b764.jpg

Simples. :thumbs:

Edited by 14N

Ive seen those 2 tabs before, so i can see where you guys are coming from, but what did you do for the middle part? whats self tappers, are they just plastic clips? Presuming none of you have drilled into your bumper or anything?

As for exhaust, cheers KyleR ill grab some of that and give it a go :) looking a bit old now as ive been too scared to polish the blue :lol:

I use this on my metal, it says use a 1" strip but I use WAY less than that.

http://www.shiningmonkey.co.uk/shop/4579423065/Metal-Polish-Pads/6544540

you get 5 metres in total so it goes a long way.

I didn't do anything for the middle, I'll try and remember to get a pic or two tonight :) The tension of the clips holds it up :)

Middle part just stays up on its own, tiny amount of sag but not really a big concern - for mine I simply undone the bolts and if you look at the steel bumper bar there are two holes already there, I bent the bumper up and stuck two M8/M6 (cant remember which) bolts through the clips still attached to the bumper and into the holes in the steel rear bumper bar. Worked a treat for me :)

BumperTuck.jpg

Middle part just stays up on its own, tiny amount of sag but not really a big concern - for mine I simply undone the bolts and if you look at the steel bumper bar there are two holes already there, I bent the bumper up and stuck two M8/M6 (cant remember which) bolts through the clips still attached to the bumper and into the holes in the steel rear bumper bar. Worked a treat for me :)

BumperTuck.jpg

Uh these pics just set me off, ill be getting on this tonight and have a little look, ill cable tie first, see how it looks and if i like people seeing that part of exhaust, then ill grab some clips :) If my middle sags, ill have a little play around. I cant drill into bumper as i always think about when i sell, but it looks good outcome without touching middle.

whats self tappers, are they just plastic clips? Presuming none of you have drilled into your bumper

'Self tappers' = Self tappitg screws :thumbs:

No need to drill into the bumper at all, although drilling a couple of small pilot holes into the bumper support bar will help when trying to screw in the aforementioned self tappers. Bit tight for room under there though - glad I had a K1 at this point! :lol:

Edited by 14N