Correct titles for threads

Neilp

Can we please have a sticky or a banner to remind people to stop putting generic headings for a thread.

I'm constantly looking for stuff and finding threads that start with "Urgent Help Required" but nothing related to the problem in the title. It makes it very hard when browsing the forum to find what you're looking for without doing a word search and even then it causes issues.

Thread or banner should say -

STOP USING GENERIC HEADINGS!!!!!! PLEASE USE SPECIFIC TITLES!!!!

Thanks

• Like 1

its been asked before, and as with most things on this site people ignore it. if you look at all the sticky threads on the sales section, there are still loads of threads deleted because people dont read whats right in front of them. i think you'll be fighting a losing battle on this one unless you have an idea to take to the mod team to help them police it.

I'm not sure the coding in the forum would allow it, i think the most you'll get is a permanent sticky on each area.

see what the tech mods say, but i think a big bold banner at the top of the page would look untidy.

maybe better to change the OP of threads to go back and change their title if its obscure or obtuse. might be a new job for the local forum grammar nazi's

I'm not sure the coding in the forum would allow it, i think the most you'll get is a permanent sticky on each area.

see what the tech mods say, but i think a big bold banner at the top of the page would look untidy.

maybe better to change the OP of threads to go back and change their title if its obscure or obtuse. might be a new job for the local forum grammar nazi's

I agree! :thumbs:

I agree with this problem, it does my head in. could also do with a huge banner reading "read the stickies before posting". The amount of times someone posts something and the exact thread is a sticky at the top of the section. It's as if people are too lazy to look, or assume that their issue is so unique that its never happened before. Like c'mon, the car is 10 years old, pretty much every issue has been discovered and resolved at some point on this forum.

Rant complete :D

• Like 1

Didn't someone try this a few years back ?

Husky ????

Lol

You guys have no idea how many FS threads are disapproved because people don't read the big red letters in front of them. Having to moderate every thread title would be a nightmare.

Perhaps you should all comment on each thread to the OP to rename it :stir:

Either that or if your searching, don't search by thread title.