Calibrating my brain

zxrob

I need to get my brain into gear

Since purchasing the Z I get a little frustrated driving it, nothing to do with the car, I love it

Being use to riding powerfull bikes, I just nip around cars at leisure, pwer on tap and the space to do so, however, in the Z, although I have the power I'm weary of the space and find it so frustrating at times

Funny I dont get the same feeling driving the qashqai :lol:

Rob

The Zed is an odd car, power-wise. There's loads there, but you need to wind it up and it's not massively quick for those half-chance overtakes. I found it hard to adjust at first coming from the VXR, but it does get easier. I know you're talking more about the size than the grunt, but I found the opposite more tricky to get used to.

I suspect the FI guys don't have my issues...

The Zed is quite a big car, and as Ekona says, you do have to wind it up! I'm sure you'll get to know your Zed and will love every minute of driving it. There's no better feeling than dropping the Zed down into third, using the power for a great, but safe, overtake!

The zed is a good 6 inches wider than a 307, which isnt exactly small itself. Its also about a foot longer than a 307. I find the width more of a concern when overtaking than power. It can generally overtake most things without a fuss.

You haven't tried filtering at a set of lights in the car yet have you? :p

The zed does feel like a wide car sometimes! (Not sure if it's much wider than your average car though)

I didn't reallise until the other day but Its wider than my dads Renault Traffic van so yeah its quite a beast :teeth:

Water Meth injection, SC, and Nitrous - preferably on a forged block with a quick shift, aftermarket suspension and a new set of bushes all round - top that off with some 11" rear wheels wrapped in 295 rubber and you won't get half as bored ;)

Worked for me any way :thumbs:

Never bored with the Z guys, love it, just a little frustrated (in traffic) due to riding bikes

Yeh, she is a big beast, when measuring up the garage to make sure she would go in it has a similar footprint to my qashquai :blush:

Rob

You'r never going to filter like your on a bike, I mean, theres times on the bike (especially in on Eurotrip) when you just do things that later in the day you think, hmmmm, that could have went just so so wrong (or like in 2005 fell out the bed reaching for the front brake, so so funny), oh and I see your avitar and make the connection if you have the space of a fag paper your through, :thumbs: ...

Z is just such a fun car, I actually see it the other way a bit though... How many times have you overtook only to have them flash or give hand gestures and think well maybe if you were driving a Fiesta an overtake there might not be a good idea but in the Z its as safe as ever...

Theres a bit of road near me where I'm sure they made a mistake on the road markings, its between two bends but on the bike or in the Z (just) you can get out and in in time... Can someone take this shovel away from me, I'm not a nutter, you know what I mean...