If you were the prime minister

If you were the PM what would be the first thing you would do?

I will start us off.

1. Completely shut down ALL immigration for 12 months.

2. Limit to say £1,000 the amount of money that can be SENT out of the country in any one year. (If it is yours and you are going with it then no problem)

Lets see what turns up!!

Ming the thought Provoker

All convicted criminals will be locked up and given basic facilities and subsistence. They will then need to work to earn "monies" to either pay for their crime (and any victim compensation) or to improve their lifestyle (but only as a proportion of paying for their crime).

They would be let out when their debt to society was paid off.

1. no one claims anything until they have contributed and they only get what they put in plus some interest, which increases with the level of contribution you make...

2. death penalty re-introduced.

3. life inprisonment means life... and you have to earn your keep inside or your family sponsor you...

4. update driving laws, and revise taxing laws for motoring... ( and yes i would keep the idea of high polluting and high cost cars paying more, but make it fair and clear...)

5. All drugs legalised , and risk clearly identified , but no supported (NHS/CHARITY etc..) you take it you know the risks... you deal with it...you accept the potential consequences...

and the list goes on...

I will start us off.

2. Limit to say £1,000 the amount of money that can be SENT out of the country in any one year. (If it is yours and you are going with it then no problem)

Lets see what turns up!!

3. any immigrants (legal or illegal )that commit a crime deported back to their last exit country (France hopefully :teeth: )

do something about all the spongers - just not sure what yet!

Easy

Dole is EARNED

If you do not have a job and are fit and able bodied then you do 40 hrs voluntary work for your dole.

No work = no money.

Almost everyone is able to contribute to our society and should be encouraged to do so!

The spongers that you refer to will then see the benefit of getting a higher paid 'job' and move off the dole leaving it for those genuinely in need of it!

Ming the PM

I will start us off.

Lets see what turns up!!

3. any immigrants (legal or illegal )that commit a crime deported back to their last exit country (France hopefully :teeth: )

I would only change this to their country of origin.

Ming the PM

All speed limits made advisory and police would need to prove circumstances to prosecute for careless, dangerous or other driving offences (camera evidence still admissable).

Agreed for the national limit but not for the 30mph limit.

30 mph enforced rigerously and the national 'advisory'.

Fair compromise??

Ming the PM

I will start us off.

Lets see what turns up!!

I would only change this to their country of origin.

Ming the PM

Makes sense Ming , it's just that I hate the French ;)

Easy

Dole is EARNED

If you do not have a job and are fit and able bodied then you do 40 hrs voluntary work for your dole.

No work = no money.

Almost everyone is able to contribute to our society and should be encouraged to do so!

The spongers that you refer to will then see the benefit of getting a higher paid 'job' and move off the dole leaving it for those genuinely in need of it!

Ming the PM

although I agree there are some who would say that would take jobs away from people who would normally get paid for them. Should definitely make em do something though!

I like the way this is going.

I would like to add that if a burglar is to break into your house, you have the right to use any force to remove them from your property inc shooting them and beating them. :teeth:

Easy

Dole is EARNED

No work = no money.

Ming the PM

although I agree there are some who would say that would take jobs away from people who would normally get paid for them. Should definitely make em do something though!

Nixy

There are a thousand and one jobs that we cannot afford to pay someone for or cannot fill.

Litter picking on the motorway, gardening for the old and infirm, are the first two that come to mind.

Ming the PM

Here's one I dont have a solution for .....

I'm told one in five households dont pay their water rates and that the water companies are powerless to do anything about it because cutting off the water supply would breech their human rights and they dont have enough possesions to make sending the bailiffs in worthwhile..... Hmmmm

I'm told one in five households dont pay their water rates and that the water companies are powerless to do anything about it because cutting off the water supply would breech their human rights and they dont have enough possesions to make sending the bailiffs in worthwhile..... Hmmmm

Put laxatives in the water until they pay up or flavour it so that its ever so slightly minging :lol:

probably the same people who think their "Human Rights " have been breached when asked to work ??

Easy.

Change the name from 'Criminal' to 'Outlaw'

Outlaw means 'outside the law'.

They do not get to choose which laws they are in and which ones they don't. Out side one law. Outside all the laws.

No pay. No water!

Second option.

Limit the water issued to two two hour stints a day with a limited - read trickle - supply the rest of the time. Enough for emergencies and no more. They did it with electricity in Northern Ireland during the conflict so I am sure it is manageable.

Ming the PM

NEXT!!!!