Help me find a 2nd car!!!!!!!!!!

Sarnie

Right, I am looking to buy a second car to do the daily mileage in the week leaving the lambo for the weekend B)

The pre-requisites are:

- It must be diesel

- Less than £4500 but more than £2000

- Must not be a ford, vauxhall or rover :yuck:

- Less than 10 yrs old

- 5 doors

- Not fussed about mileage

I'm thinking VW bora/passat, audi A4/a3, 3/5 series etc etc

:)

If your looking at German it's going to be quite long in the tooth at that price range. You would get something much fresher if you went French and French Diesels are very good. Laguna DCi 6 speed is a very good car and £4500 will get you an 03/04 with less than 50k at Auction. These cars are good for 50mpg and cruise the motorways very comfortably as well as being a practical, roomy and comfortable family car and they come with all mod cons if you avoid poverty spec models. That would be my recommendation :thumbs:

Yeah I've been looking at Renaults to be fair. I had a yellow Megane Coupe before my first zed and loved it. I'd love to spend more on it but not much point as I only intend to be sitting on the motorway in it. It needs to be presentable as well as I'll be using it to visit clients. I was looking at TDI golfs but most of them had been chavved right up :dry:

A TDi Golf at £4500 will be a bit of shed.

On 04 plate Laguna in a nice metallic colour will look the part, and will create the right impression with your clients.

I'm sure you realise turning up at your customers in the Gallardo will definitely create the WRONG impression :D

Before I bought this Nissan Dealership I used to have a little used car pitch selling bangers. It was really busy, we did over 30 units month in month out for over 5 years. Pretty soon I was running around in a Bentley and took it to work for a few days. I overhead a customer saying they are making far too much money here if they can run around in that car, we'll go somewhere else. I never bought it for "posing", I just really love cars but from then on the Toy stayed at home ;)

I do get a bit of that at the moment in the zed to be honest. A lot of people don't know what it is and a lot of people comment on it saying 'you must be doing well' etc. I just use it as a plus eg I am good at what I do etc. But yes the Gallardo will be staying at home to keep the mileage down :blush:

I just sold a Passat TDi 130 Sport and that thing was quick ! I'm sure there was something wrong with it :)

A mate has a Golf GT TDi PD ( PDI, GTDTD, I, GTD, PD, IPD, DTPDGTI - WTF !!! :p ) and the Passat was quicker than that.

I took it to Scotland a couple of weeks ago and did 90+ all the way there and all the way back and got 51 mpg. I was very impressed. The 130 bhp models are actually better on the fuel than the 115, especially if you can track one down with the 6 speed box like this one had.

I just sold a Passat TDi 130 Sport and that thing was quick ! I'm sure there was something wrong with it :)

A mate has a Golf GT TDi PD ( PDI, GTDTD, I, GTD, PD, IPD, DTPDGTI - WTF !!! :p ) and the Passat was quicker than that.

I took it to Scotland a couple of weeks ago and did 90+ all the way there and all the way back and got 51 mpg. I was very impressed. The 130 bhp models are actually better on the fuel than the 115, especially if you can track one down with the 6 speed box like this one had.

Yep, I can vouch for that..... had one of them as my last company car. 130tdi Passat sport with 6 speed box...... got quicker as time went on. When I handed it back at 33,000 miles it was just getting looser and looser......

Went really well and easy to slide around, very neutral handling. Obviously not a sports car, but I had some fun in it..... and was bulletproof! :thumbs:

I'm looking for one as we speak, even though they look a bit crappy :blush:

Yes, but you ain't buying one for that are you...... you want something you can drive around without worry.

Stop being so vain, you'll have your "other" car for that! :p

I'm looking for one as we speak, even though they look a bit crappy :blush:

Yes, but you ain't buying one for that are you...... you want something you can drive around without worry.

Stop being so vain, you'll have your "other" car for that! :p

I like to be noticed. All the time B)