Future proofing the site...ADMINS check this ..

ADMINS and I am not exactly sure how it works but would it not be worth to future-proof this forum if it is going to be running beyond 2009 by perhaps, looking into buying website names such as

www.370z-uk.com /.co.uk ;)

www.370zownersclub.com / .co.uk ;)

and then just link them to this page until newer models turn up...

Of course it is a bit of a gamble as we don't know if the next Z will use the newly developed 3.7 V6 engine recently introduced to the G37 car, that car which evolved from the G35 which had the same platform and engines as the current 350Z, it is a bit of a gamble to make such sweeping assumptions ... ;):p

only an idea... i know it will cost money but this could be a good opportunity for community donations...

www.my370z.com website name and redirects to the current my350z.com page...

If it is not bought soon I will do it and will set my separatist organisation... :p , and ban everyone who has links with existing organisations... :wacko: (it'll just be me, me me ... :p )

I an now learning how this buying names works and what to do with them... I am very web-page-creation- ignorant.... :blush:

about 8 quid a year or 2.99 depends who you go with,

Thought the best one was 21 century fox, when they were called 20th century fox someone bought the domain name 3 years before they renamed the company 21st century fox, then 21st century fox had to buy the domain name of him think he got about £4 million for it, legend. The law is not in yet about domain buying abuse but probably will be soon.

Its all about buying at the right time and selling at the right time. My mate tried to by the numberplate 0007 BND know it will fetch a few £££ the day he checked up on it it was available for £450 he ordered it next day and it had gone that morning he was not impressed lol. Seize the moment when you can is what I say :thumbs:

my friend bought itunes.co.uk and he was the guy in the big apple lawsuit that is still ongoing. He is not going to win on that and is currently completely broke due to legal fees, so sometimes its not worth it

it is if you forsee it. You see the guy who bought 21 century fox had a strong case as he bought it before the company was called 21st century fox so they wouldnt of had a leg to stand on. Itunes,was already established before your mate bought it. Sad though you would of thought he might of got something for it. Numberplates is a good one, like the guy who bought Y4HOO is getting paid a fortune :thumbs:

they usually go by the size of the engine mate :)

Yeah, I know, but if they're keeping the shell the same it would be a strange move to change the name. :wacko: Although who cars of 370Z sounds rubbish, if it's got that much power I'll be in the queue! :)

they usually go by the size of the engine mate :)

Yeah, I know, but if they're keeping the shell the same it would be a strange move to change the name. :wacko: Although who cars of 370Z sounds rubbish, if it's got that much power I'll be in the queue! :)

There's plenty of precedent for manufacturers forgetting their naming policies when it suits them eg BMW 335i

The body will change I think the photos we have seen are those of a "mule" effectively using the upper body of current models to hide the next generation. It will (has to) look different, as you say...

Also right manufacturers tend to chzange naming conventions ... so it is a risk ;) betting on this name being used..

but maybe , because the "Z" brand is not so big , there is not such a risk of having to dilute the names into a huge range... and considering Nissan have kept this since 240 zeds. and that quickly changed to 260Z etc... and down to the latest micra 160SR ( yep that's 1.6 l not 160bhp :thumbdown: ) and with the potential of using the 3.7 litre engine...I think you could be in for an easy wager... ;)

some have been secured :ninja:

if anyone want to donate some of the money I've just paid, is more than welcome :teeth:

Is this a serious request? If so let me know some form and I will gladly contibute to the cause. :thumbs:

• 2 months later...

All the domains previously have been purchased by individuals and then pointed to this site - i.e. 350z-uk.co.uk

The details on how to access these domains and point them to the site is made public knowledge to the team members - therefore the team/club is in control of the domains.

In this instance the domains were purchased after this discussion and directed to this site. For some reason they are now not directing to this site, and instead to the 350z-tech site and control was never given to the club.

All the domains previously have been purchased by individuals and then pointed to this site - i.e. 350z-uk.co.uk

The details on how to access these domains and point them to the site is made public knowledge to the team members - therefore the team/club is in control of the domains.

In this instance the domains were purchased after this discussion and directed to this site. For some reason they are now not directing to this site, and instead to the 350z-tech site and control was never given to the club.

Sounds like a second helping of sour grapes................