Quick Q - Standing Bat Life

fellsteruk

Hi all,

Replaced my OEM battery a few months back with a new one on my 54Z and it worked much better than than 8 year old i had on it previously however with the bad weather i have my Z in storage "i know kills me to keep her locked away" anyway was starting it every weekend but I left her for 3 weeks with me being away and the battery was dead.

I have left other cars for this long and they have been fine, is it the battery or would you say leaving her standing for 3 weeks in the cold, i should expect it to not start?

My garage doest have a power supply otherwise i would have a trickle charger on her over the winter.

Thanks?

I've not driven my 54 plate zed for 4 weeks because of being ill with glandular fever/ tonsillitis, however it started first time today, albeit with a slight hiccup, on the original battery.

Is the new battery the same ratings as the old one?

A car sitting ticking over doesn't really charge the battery, at best it'll keep the charge, remember that the car is only turning over at about 700 rpm and has to power 6 coils and whatever lights, LEDs, air con etc that may be on.

As Ekona said, you really gotta get her out for a decent drive to get some charge into it.

Thanks for all the comments guys. I believe it's the same rating battery however you all have a valid point I started it and left her running for 20mins that's all no lights or air con but I guess that would drain more than it would put in it :( will put a booster on it to get is started and take her on a run on a dry day :)