Exhaust help please..

ChickenFillet

Hi guys,

Still new here.

As its Christmas tomorrow, I know I'll be getting a nice bit of money to spend, and what better to spend it on than my baby right?! :D

Here's where I need help.. After spending the last month researching, and listening to different exhausts, I can't decide which I want.

I've found the japspeed K1 for £350 delivered (I know there are some fitment issues, I don't mind a challenge though).

I've also found the scorpion Cat back exhaust with a K&N typhoon induction Kit on demontweeks as a 'DIY Engine tuning kit' for £430 delivered (http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/performance-tuning-kits/demon-tweeks-diy-engine-tuning-kit-includes-scorpion-cat-back-exhaust-and-k-n-induction-kit)

Was just curious as to people's opinions as to which to go for?

Car has a Cheapy japspeed induction kit and standard exhaust as it is so anythings going to be an upgrade when it comes to sound and performance lol.

Cheers guys and happy holidays!

Theres mixed reviews about the fitment of the japspeed exhaust, never owned one or seen one so cant comment on that.

However, get rid of the japspeed induction kit. Previous owner of my car had one in there, and it would stall whilst driving. Only started happening around 2month into ownership, changed for K&N and no problems since.

Depending on your budget and what sound you want to go for, theres various ones out there. Induction kit will change the exhaust note aswell

Budget is very important!

Also it won't a scorpion cat back, it'll be Y pipe back and you'll have to cough up another £200+ for a Y pipe. Still a very good deal for what it is, but doesn't the Typhoon contain more than just a bent pipe and air filter? I think it should be a pipe from the throttle body to an inclosed air filter in a black box which leads to another pipe which collects cool air from behind the grill.

Anyway, back to the important stuff. Money, how much are you looking us to spend for you? :lol:

Without sounding too pikey, I'd like to spend as little as possible :p haha

That does sound Pikey :lol: ...and remember you largely get what you pay for. ;)

Cobra non-res system (centre & back box) is around £395+ from Tarmac Sportz (and CS have it too of course). Resonated is a bit more money but depends if you care how loud or quite it is (non-res=Loud).

Other than that maybe look at second hand exhausts to make your money go further. ;)

I'd just look on eBay and here for second hand exhausts ~ you could also try a breakers I guess but the chances are slim of finding an upgrade exhaust from them.

If you like it loud then I'd definitely recommend Berks HFC's (High Flow Cats) or possibly even de-cat pipes which is the cheaper option of those two. :teeth:

This is true. Hence why I'm asking advice and stuff ;)

Louder is better IMO. I'm a motorbiker so nothing's too loud xD

Hmm, other than on here, and eBay, where would one find second hand zorsts?

Cheers

its not how loud it is its the drone that they cause. Once you experience REAL drone your ears will ring when you get out the car for about an hour. Plus the exhaust sounds rubbish till you push it past the drone that it causes. So on dual carriage ways or motorways you have to wear ear defenders