MacBook Pro retina case

Neilp

Can't wait to get it! Can't believe how much the blooming thing cost after spec-ing it to what I wanted!

Your telling me, I went out to buy a new laptop a couple of weeks ago expecting to spend about 400-500 came back with a the macbook pro retina, all singing & dancing & nearly £2k over budget :blush:

But what a great bit of kit, the screen is awesome :)

I'm finding the screen a little over kill tbh, the fonts are tiny under linux! :(

I can well believe this, most of the OSX apps compensate for the high pixel density.

You running Ubuntu or another distro?

Cheers Adrian! I checked this one out in the apple store but lots of reports of scratching very easily. This is what made me look at the iGlaze case as its pretty much scratch proof. Pricey at around 50 odd quid in the uk.

Had my Retina MacBook Pro for about 6 months now, loving it, only wish I had bough the 750gig SSD upgrade at the time, cannot see my self going back to traditional HDs and 'non-retina' displays :)

Have been looking at the MacPros, specced one up with a 4K display....£11k..even with man maths I don't think I can justify that kind of spending on a computer :scare::surrender:

Edited by gangzoom

Can't wait to get it! Can't believe how much the blooming thing cost after spec-ing it to what I wanted!

Your telling me, I went out to buy a new laptop a couple of weeks ago expecting to spend about 400-500 came back with a the macbook pro retina, all singing & dancing & nearly £2k over budget :blush:

But what a great bit of kit, the screen is awesome :)

I'm finding the screen a little over kill tbh, the fonts are tiny under linux! :(

I can well believe this, most of the OSX apps compensate for the high pixel density.

You running Ubuntu or another distro?

Fedora using WindowMaker rather than Gnome/KDE etc. Don't think much has changed with it since the late 90's and still find it the most productive window manager, so on modern hardware it's stupidly quick!