Broken Engines

Jetpilot

HA HA I was implying I was gonna change the oil you just assumed I ment to a thinner oil. I totally agree with what you were saying about the thinner and thicker. I'll say it straight next time :teeth:

On the subject of oil, has anyone herd of nano oil or something that sounds like that?

Stay off the eggnog before posting... vil-pernnoel.gif

• Like 1

As in Millers Nanodrive oil? Very good stuff, I believe Hartech now use it in their flat-six engine rebuilds :)

As in Millers Nanodrive oil? Very good stuff, I believe Hartech now use it in their flat-six engine rebuilds :)

i am using millers nano drive for the winter after my very expensive rebuild ,it's done 1500

miles and I've done 4 oil changes !

I bought my 04 z with 50000 miles FSH I gave it a full service myself (because I don't trust anyone ) and only use super unleaded.

She started smoking like a tractor on start up after 12 months of ownership. Abbey said the engine was in good condition but the oil control rings were knackered, I have seen a few smokey Zds so I personally am very cautious about this engine .

So the only way you know you have a good one is if you have bought it from new .

Edited by timmytuck
  • Like 1

I check the oil in my 370Z as often as I remember, religiously maintained by Motorline Tunbridge Wells all it's life and never needs a top up.

Don't stop me feeling that ever so para about it though.

Coming from Honda, where oil is such a fundamental thing for more than heat distribution and lube, I have it now ingrained in me.

I use the Magnatec Pro MP 5W-30 as a top up, which ML give out in those cool little care packs.

I've done about 5000 miles since the last service I think and the next one is due in April, I very much doubt I'll do another 4000 miles until then, so I'm happy to keep topping until then, even though it's a tad black at the mo.

Got some more track days coming up in the new year so I'll get it down to ML before then anyway.

Regards fuel, I always try and put the highest Octane in, Shell V-Power. There’s a BP opposite my home, which on occasion I use if I have too but only to get me to the nearest Shell.

Driving back to Wales today for Christmas, so I’ll be dipping my stick before I set off for sure.

And checking the oil in the car.

i am using millers nano drive for the winter after my very expensive rebuild ,it's done 15000 miles and I've done 4 oil changes !

I bought my 04 z with 50000 miles FSH I gave it a full service myself (because I don't trust anyone ) and only use super unleaded.

She started smoking like a tractor on start up after 12 months of ownership. Abbey said the engine was in good condition but the oil control rings were knackered, I have seen a few smokey Zds so I personally am very cautious about this engine .

So the only way you know you have a good one is if you have bought it from new .

Did you notice and gains or improvement after using the nanodrive? I only ask as every review I have read said that they have, I'd rather hear it from a fellow Zed owner.

i am using millers nano drive for the winter after my very expensive rebuild ,it's done 1500

miles and I've done 4 oil changes !

Did you notice and gains or improvement after using the nanodrive? I only ask as every review I have read said that they have, I'd rather hear it from a fellow Zed owner.

Im still going steady on the right foot yet matey but I have noticed on start up from cold it fires really quick and seams to rev slightly higher for a minute, which would suggest the oil is doing its job from start up considering it will still be tight yet. Edited by timmytuck
  • Like 1

Just a caution from me too

Checked my oil this morning after all of the horror stories of late, found the level hovering just above the low marker! The oil was full after my service with Kaizer a few months ago.

I check mine every week, Sunday morning..clean car check all levels and tyres. Job done. :thumbs:

• Like 1