I WANT SPEAKERS!!!!!

Zedrush

Hi all, okay I want to change all my speakers in my car, as the Bose speakers are a pile of poo :thumbdown: So need some help, I want it quite loud with a good sub, does anyone know any good makes mid range price that will fit in the existing place where the speakers are mounted now, also a good amp. I have already ordered the head unit the Alpine W200rb

ivaw200.jpg

B)

What do you count as mid-price range?

Are you looking to amp the full system or just the sub?

A recommended system would be

Amp : Audison: LRx 4.5

Front Comps : Focal 165K2P

Rear Comps : None - Waste of money in a car the size of a Z

Sub : Orion H2 10.2 - 10" subwoofer or Focal

Cost ~£900-£1000

Are you looking to put something in the stock enclosure? If so then you will need to get something custom built - you can get a 10" sub in there but it will probably cost you £100+ to get a box built to go in there (or import one from the US although I think they are £150+)

Why do you want to replace the rear. Just disconnect them. If you have a properly amped front stage then you will not miss the rears at all. The sound is designed to be played infront of you not behind.

Hey Zedrush

I have Focal Polyglass 165 V2 components up front in some door pods made by a user on my350z.com called WickedCAS

In the rear i have Focal Access 165CA's

I have a JL audio 10w6v2 in the back in an 'understrut' box again bought from the US by another guy.

All powered by 2 Rockford Fosgate amps. The speakers are getting about 80wrms each and the sub 630wrms

+A Load of dynamat

Now ive got it all setup, and it sounds great. Perfect balance and amazing quality.

Took fair bit of work. Amps are where the stock BOSE is, and i had to run a new speaker wire through the door loom for the front door speakers. Depends how handy you are with electronics, but maybe its worth getting someone to do it for you ? I dont know, dont ask me though . . . . this is my fifth install now . . . . probably my last. . .until i get another car :teeth: Though it was relatively easy, to disassemble everything

Prestige car audio did someones 350z install here.

Jamie

will do m8. Try and get i some by the weekend. B- busy ATM.

PM me ya email addy

have a look @ http://www.prestige-audio.co.uk/auto/ni ... 3-137.html

I reckon, if you 'provided ' them with the door pods and the sub enclosure etc, you could give alot of labour, as thees buys built the pods and box for that build.. . . .

Jamie

I'd recommend the Focals as well. I'm also running the Utopias all round with the 11" K2 subs going in the boot all run off Genesis Series III amps and even if I do say so myself it does sound awesome!!

The system that Rob has recommended would be spot on for you mate and not stupid money either!! :thumbs:

I'd also put JL Audio ZR's and Morel into that mix for consideration.

I was running JL XR's from Slash series (JL) amps, Alpine front end and 10W7 sub.

Am about to go for the new install in the Zed but not sure how to go - probably still JL front end (through an H701), JL amps and 10W7 (I love that sub, gave me 19/20 on sub bass a couple of times! B):D ) - main reason being I can't see anything having moved on generally to better it. The Focal Berylium stuff is hugely pricey for what you get IMO, and would go Genesis before that.

Focal / JL / Morel / Rainbow / Genesis would give you a great sound IMO, and all are proven in competition. :)

Agreed. All top quality stuff.

I have just taken a 12W7 out of my Z. It was and still is an awesome piece of kit but due to the box size required and size of front baffle needed it just doesn't really make it a viable option for the Z which is why I have gone for 2 x 11" Focal K2's as the box size they ned is a lot smaller.

The 10W7 will be awesome in the Z though!!! :thumbs: