Oh Deer!!!

eatonm90

Driving to work this morning a Muntjac deer decided to play chicken with my car, unfortunately we had a coming together. Luckily I always drive slowly through that area due to the amount off deer roadkill every week but hit it doing about 20mph by the time I had anchored up on the brakes. Deer got up and ran off but my Nismo front end didn't fair quite as well...not too bad with stress cracks on one side. It will give me an excuse to sort out the stone chips..does anyone know if having it clear wrapped after painting is worth doing? any idea of costs??

Deer - 1 Nismo V1 - 0 post-19654-0-81844100-1387291264.jpg

Edited by eatonm90

I've heard of people clear wrapping entire brand new cars. Apparently it protect the paint very well from chips and it wont cost much to rewrap if it starts to look a bit tatty.

I'd wait a month or so after getting it sprayed before wrapping to let the paint fully harden though.

Driving to work this morning a Muntjac deer decided to play chicken with my car, unfortunately we had a coming together. Luckily I always drive slowly through that area due to the amount off deer roadkill every week but hit it doing about 20mph by the time I had anchored up on the brakes. Deer got up and ran off but my Nismo front end didn't fair quite as well...not too bad with stress cracks on one side. It will give me an excuse to sort out the stone chips..does anyone know if having it clear wrapped after painting is worth doing? any idea of costs??

Deer - 1 Nismo V1 - 0 post-19654-0-81844100-1387291264.jpg

I've had it done with the guy's that have a trader logo on here, paintshield I think. I decided to do it because I got the front end resprayed and literally 6weeks later the grey primer was very obvious on a black car. 6 months ago I had the film applied after a respray and now not a mark on the paint and one on the film which I only noticed up-close the last time I washed it. I have more details somewhere if you need.

I hit a muntjac deer once at about 50 mph on a dual carriageway , it destroyed the Honda civic I was driving and ended up in the back of the engine bay.Luckily it was my girlfriends car ! :thumbs: We split up not long after :lol:

Edited by ZEUS
  • Like 1

I've had it done with the guy's that have a trader logo on here, paintshield I think. I decided to do it because I got the front end resprayed and literally 6weeks later the grey primer was very obvious on a black car. 6 months ago I had the film applied after a respray and now not a mark on the paint and one on the film which I only noticed up-close the last time I washed it. I have more details somewhere if you need.

If you have any details easily to hand would be interested. :thumbs:

Edited by eatonm90

It was the xpel film I got put on and cost 1200 for the full front end including the splitter. I think I waited about 10days after a respray before getting it put on. There is a forum discount also (5 or10%). unless your going to keep the car a few years it's not worth doing, I plan on keeping mine another while, that's why I got it done.

• Like 1

It was the xpel film I got put on and cost 1200 for the full front end including the splitter. I think I waited about 10days after a respray before getting it put on. There is a forum discount also (5 or10%). unless your going to keep the car a few years it's not worth doing, I plan on keeping mine another while, that's why I got it done.

Thanks for the info richmillions, going to be keeping it so will probably get it done..