Shiny black door/B-pillar trim - possible to replace?

Space Cadet

Hi

I would like to replace the shiny black plastic trim on the driver's door that runs vertically up along side the window. I cant remember sat at my desk whether its part of the door itself or if it is on the B-pillar (I think it’s the door).

Mine is scratched by a previous owner, am happy to break it while removing but if obtainable would the new part simply push/clip/stick in place or would I need to strip the door down?

Any idea on prices?

Thanks!

Thanks, it wont matter if I break it removing it as will be replacing it. It looks like its available through Nissan so will pop to my dealer's parts dept at the weekend and order one. Cant remember how much he said it was but I think it was about £70-something (probably plus vat!!).

This time of year maybe get a little heat into it first?

2 studs and slide up off the 3rd stud iirc, this one will prob break if you just pull on it in this weather, like mine did.

The Nismo carbon trims are stick-on rather than a replacement, therefore for £86 inc vat I will just replace it with a new one. Thanks for the advice with the studs - presumably the two studs are at the bottom which pull away from the door and then the 3rd is at the top which slides up after the two at the bottom are free? Thanks again.

Now don't get me wrong and you can do as you please, but replacing a "scratched" piece of trim at £86 per side, for which essentially is just a small piece of plastic sounds very uneconomical to me.

I'd rather spend less than £20 on primer, gloss black and clear lacquer, take my time and DIY it.

Just my opinion tho, if you got cash to burn then it's fair play

• Like 1

Now don't get me wrong and you can do as you please, but replacing a "scratched" piece of trim at £86 per side, for which essentially is just a small piece of plastic sounds very uneconomical to me.

I'd rather spend less than £20 on primer, gloss black and clear lacquer, take my time and DIY it.

Point made and if it was on an old 'cheap' car I would - and have done in the past. But on an almost new sports car, spending £86 (which itself is a joke for a lump of plastic!) is acceptable. I'm not sure where the idea of replacing both sides has come? - I've always said it was just the driver's side. The only niggle on the whole car is the driver's side B-pillar trim so replacing it for £86 is not too much to worry about.

Plus saving £66 to then spend best part of a weekend sanding a few coats of primer, rubbing down in-between, and then a few coats of colour and lacquer is money well spent - I'd rather be out with my wife enjoying my weekend and driving my new toy.

• Like 1

Point made and if it was on an old 'cheap' car I would - and have done in the past. But on an almost new sports car, spending £86 (which itself is a joke for a lump of plastic!) is acceptable. I'm not sure where the idea of replacing both sides has come? - I've always said it was just the driver's side. The only niggle on the whole car is the driver's side B-pillar trim so replacing it for £86 is not too much to worry about.

Plus saving £66 to then spend best part of a weekend sanding a few coats of primer, rubbing down in-between, and then a few coats of colour and lacquer is money well spent - I'd rather be out with my wife enjoying my weekend and driving my new toy.

Hi depending on how bad the scratch is you might want to try polishing it with some Meg's Ultimate Compound. I found that works quite well on the B pillars.

Hi depending on how bad the scratch is you might want to try polishing it with some Meg's Ultimate Compound. I found that works quite well on the B pillars.

Thanks, would've tried it but it is quite badly scratched so didn't bother. The previous owner was a lady and they look to be bag or coat marks from getting in and out. I've ordered a new trim now so should be with me for Saturday.

Edited by Space Cadet